This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Hot sand, blue skies and beaming, bright sun are right around the corner. This summer, there are a few major must-have products for your trips to the pool, beach, vacation or any outdoor celebration. From sun protection to this summer’s hottest accessories, I’ve got you covered with everything you need to enjoy your summer endeavors this season!

Beach and Pool Bag, Amazon

Personally, I hate taking more than one bag to the beach and dread having to carry it. With this one, it’s spacious, waterproof and will keep your items cool such as your snack, beverages and even cosmetic products. Go and grab it!

Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 PA+++, Supergoop!

Let’s talk about sun protection- you should always apply sunscreen or any product containing SPF for protection against sun damage and for the health of your skin. This one is my favorite and often sold out! It has a thin substance and is totally transparent. 

Sunglasses, Amazon 

Am I the only one who doesn’t want to take an expensive pair of sunglasses to the beach? These sunglasses have been the hottest accessory summer after summer. At a super affordable cost, they are of great quality and resemble this CELINE pair. I always love a good designer dupe. I specifically chose this pair for the beach because if they get any scratches or get lost at sea, I can easily buy a new pair without breaking the bank. 

PLAY Lip Balm SPF 30 with Acai, Supergoop!

We often lather ourselves in sunscreen at the beach and forget about one of the most important parts of our body to protect the most- our lips. Having a lip balm that hydrates and also protects against harmful UV rays is super important when you’re out in the sun. This lip balm included with SPF is clean chemical approved, super lightweight and nourishing. 

Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Swell

A warm beverage at the beach is far from ideal. Keep all of your drinks cool to quench your thirst in the sun with one of my favorite items. When tightly sealed, your drink will last at cool temperatures throughout the day. 

Beach Towel, Amazon

I love Turkish towels because they’re a lot less bulky than your regular terry cloth towels. Keep your bag lightweight and easy for on the go with thin Turkish towels. Still super absorbent but on the thinner side, it’s the perfect towel for the beach for every summer!

Wide Brim Hat, Amazon

This hat will give you the best of both worlds. Extra sun protection while also making it the cutest accessory to wear in Instagram photos at the beach or poolside. A brimmed hat will go with any outfit and make you look super fashionable!

Bikini Bag, Amazon

One of the newest items I recently discovered I couldn’t live without was this bikini bag. I always want to change out of my soaking wet bathing suit that never seems to dry. But where do you put these wet items? Skip a regular plastic bag and buy this bikini bag- perfect for storing your wet bathing suits before you leave the beach!

Cool Down Aloe Vera Gel, SunBum

Oftentimes, I get a little carried away trying to aim for a perfect tan. That’s why being prepared with aloe vera gel is always important in case you get a little too much sun. This one is perfect for a cooling effect and minimizes any burning or peeling for after-sun care. 

Fill your beach bag with all of these essentials this summer while you enjoy your beach or poolside getaway!

Enisa Borova is a senior majoring in Communications and Media Arts at Montclair State University. She is passionate about writing, styling, and creating content for social media. In her free time, you can catch Enisa exercising, shopping and sipping on her favorite Starbucks drink. She is hoping to start a career in Public Relations and/or Marketing for a noble agency focused on beauty, fashion, and lifestyle.
Tara Byrne

Montclair '21

Tara is 22 years old and a senior at Montclair State majoring in fashion studies with a minor in business. She loves keeping up with pop culture and catching up on her Youtube subscriptions. Tara mostly writes fashion, beauty, and lifestyle pieces for Her Campus. She is the current President and Co-Editor in Chief of Her Campus Montclair. In addition, she is a Co-Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Montclair.