A banner reading \"girl dinner\" with a plate, fork and knife in the background
Photo by Chelsea Pujols

What HC Montclair Has For Girl Dinner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

If you haven’t experienced the joys of a “girl dinner,” then you truly have not lived! Showing off your girl dinner, a trend popularized on TikTok, is where the girlies embrace their favorite foods all combined in one plate for dinner or a snack after dinner; almost like a charcuterie board, but a lot less frilly and fancy. 

The quirky trend has gained millions of views and contributors on the famous “clock app,” so you know us HC Montclair girls had to join in on the fun!

Starting with the best girl dinner: mine! Girl dinner is a great way for me to get some extra nourishment and cure some cravings after dinner. Honestly speaking, it switches up depending on what is around at home but olives are always the star of my plate. While many may cringe at the sour or bitter taste, I just can’t get enough! Also, anything chocolate is also a must-have. I’m no dietitian but having something green on the plate must mean there is balance. 

A drawing of an HC Montclair member\'s \
Photo by Chelsea Pujols

Our bestie on the writing team Nikki Cocuzza seems to share the same philosophy as me, as her girl dinner consists of pasta, bread, string beans, and a glass of iced tea or lemonade. “Whether it’s garlic bread or even toast with butter, it just makes the meal!” she says. And in regards to the string beans sticking out like a sore thumb on her plate, she says: “Don’t knock it until you try it!” 

Photo by Chelsea Pujols

Ava Reed, fellow writer, takes a more indulgent approach. Her girl dinner consists of Samyang ramen with cheese on top, dino nuggets, and a crisp Dr.Pepper to top it all off.  

Photo by Chelsea Pujols

When taking a break from slaying on our social media, Ashley McGinley satisfies her sweet tooth with a cookie skillet and in the spirit of balance, has a spicy tuna or crunchy roll as well. “I love a cookie skillet!” she says. 

Photo by Chelsea Pujols

Social media superstar Camila Garcia likes to crunch on some tostones (fried plantain), a piece of a baguette, and a bowl of cereal if she’s in the mood. And of course, listening to music on her airpods completes the meal. 

A drawing of a HC Montclair member\'s \
Photo by Chelsea Pujols

“If I’m not able to make it to the dining hall before it closes, I usually eat whatever is in my dorm,” says Jazmyn Acevedo. Her dorm essentials include mac and cheese, a fruit cup, and veggie straws. 

Photo by Chelsea Pujols

Last but not least, our President Emily Spillar enjoys a Caesar salad with chicken and a Diet Coke. “It’s a really simple meal with ingredients that I always have in my fridge, and only takes a few minutes to make. It also helps me to incorporate more vegetables into my diet, while still keeping it fun and tasty! Diet Coke ties it all together for obvious reasons.” 

A drawing of a HC Montclair member\'s \
Photo by Chelsea Pujols

Girl dinner allows for women and girls to celebrate food and the nourishment it gives us without having to worry. In 2024, we will eat whatever we want and be proud! (and perhaps boys can too)

Chelsea Pujols

Montclair '25

Chelsea Pujols (she/her) is a junior Journalism & Digital Media major who greatly suffers from the "too much" gene. Having written at ReDefy, HudPost, The Montclarion, and serving as a Visual Arts Resident at Grain of Salt Magazine, she is looking forward to being a part of the Her Campus Girl Gang!