This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Does the end of the semester and the start of the holidays have your wallet feeling extra empty? Throw out those overpriced red cups and replace them with mugs from home! Your coffee will be much cuter and you’ll give Starbucks a run for their money. Here are a couple of fun, festive and easy recipes!

Eggnog Latte

You will need: 

• Oat milk or your preferred milk
  • Your Favorite Coffee
  • Vanilla or Vanilla Syrup 
  • Cinnamon
  • Ground Clove
  • Ground Nutmeg 
  • Ground Allspice 
  • Sugar 

All the measurements are entirely up to you and your tastes! Start by heating your milk in the microwave or on the stove and add in your spices, vanilla, and sugar if desired. If you want to get fancy, you can use a milk frother to combine all your ingredients. Whisking your milk very very quickly works just as well if you do not have one on hand, or just stirring with a spoon to combine the ingredients works too. 

Brew your coffee as strong or as light as you’d like and here comes the fun part: picking out your favorite mug! I know you have a cupboard full of them and now is their time to shine. Add your coffee and milk and now you have the perfect drink to accompany you on an extra cold day.

And if you want to warm up the Hispanic way, swap out your milk for coconut milk, and then you’ll have a coquito latte!

Quick & Easy Mocha 

You will need: 

• Your Favorite Coffee
  • Your Favorite Hot Chocolate Mix 

This is a great drink to have in between study sessions or if you need a quick pick-me-up. Simply mix your favorite hot chocolate mix and your prepared coffee and you’ll feel equally energized and cozy in no time. 

Homemade Cold Brew 

You will need: 

• Water 
  • Your Favorite Coffee 
  • Strainer 

If you just can not let go of your iced drinks in the freezing cold, I am judging you just a little bit but dedicating this recipe to you!

This can be done overnight so you have your cold brew ready in the morning. Pour one cup of water with ¼ cup of your coffee grounds into a cup or a pitcher. Pop it in your refrigerator, go to sleep, and all you have to do in the morning is strain it! You can dilute your cold brew if it is too strong for you or let your favorite liquid creamer do that for you.

Show us your barista creations by tagging us on Instagram, @hcmontclair!

Chelsea Pujols

Montclair '25

Chelsea Pujols (she/her) is a junior Journalism & Digital Media major who greatly suffers from the "too much" gene. Having written at ReDefy, HudPost, The Montclarion, and serving as a Visual Arts Resident at Grain of Salt Magazine, she is looking forward to being a part of the Her Campus Girl Gang!