Twihards Reunite: The Saga Continues Ten Years Later

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Fans nationwide rejoice as information is released that “Twilight” will reenter theaters for a limited time to celebrate the ten year anniversary of the cult classic. The film will be shown in 450 theaters around the country for only two days, Oct 21 and Oct 23, and only have two showings in each movie theater each day.

The films based on Stephenie Meyer’s four novels portray the story of Bella Swan, a misunderstood teen girl who moves from AZ to WA to live with her dad. The small town, Forks, automatically is anything but normal as Bella forms a relationships with Edward Cullen and Jacob Black unknowing that the guys are a vampire and werewolf who’s tribes hate each other (very realistic, I know). However, they’re both really cute and have made the biggest debate between teen girls since the books came out.

We were first introduced to heart-stealing saga on Nov 21, 2008. Immediately fans went crazy, demanding more! In only a year’s time, the next movie in the sequence, “New Moon” was released. As each of the films were  released the fandom grew larger and larger. Sadly, like all good things, the saga had to come to an end. In 2012 we said goodbye to our favorite vampires and werewolves.

Finally, we have a chance to relive the memories Edward, Bella and Jacob brought into our lives a decade ago through the rerelease of the first film. The excitement doesn’t stop there! The franchise will also be releasing a collectable 4K Ultra HD DVD of the film with a yet to be announced release date. Showings will include a sneak peak of the director’s new short film, “Twilight Tour…Ten Years Later”, which will be included in full in the new DVD. If we didn’t already have to buy the collectable movie, now we definitely do.

While Kristen Stewart (Bella) and Robert Pattinson (Edward) are now open about how much they disliked their roles, they have the Twilight Saga to thank for their fame. Since the rerelease of the film has been announced rumors of a reboot have risen. However, getting these two involved is a 50/50 shot, but we’ll keep our fingers crossed!

Even though the movie won’t come out until the end of the month, tickets are already available for purchase and are going fast! My advice: gather your besties, buy your tickets and prepare to return to Forks, WA for this limited time special event!

Cecily Lovas

Montclair '21

Cecily Lovas is a junior at Montclair State University, studying Communications and Media Arts. She's a city girl at heart, constantly exploring New York City, and always looking for new adventures. Her other interests consist of music, movies, and health/fitness. She is a contributing writer as well as project manager for Montclair State's Chapter of Her Campus.
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.