This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

As we end the first quarter of 2021, some of the newest innovative apps are changing the way that we socialize. If you haven’t heard of it already, Clubhouse is the hottest new social media platform that everyone is getting hooked on. The exclusive invite-only networking app gives you the ability to create online chat rooms and connect with other like-minded individuals with a diverse range of discussions. For example, fans of Gary Vaynerchuck, Jay Shetty and Zendaya can get the chance to ask questions and create meaningful conversations. This audio-based app is unlike any other social media platform out there, which is why you NEED to take advantage of it. 

Personally, I got invited to join in February and have been on the platform for almost 2 months now & absolutely love it! Some of my favorite chat rooms that I’ve discovered are The Traveler’s Chill Lounge and Global Citizens & Nomads Connections. Because of these two chat rooms, I’ve increased my network and became friends with travelers from around the globe who share the same passions as I do. Furthermore, I’ve received advice and career-tips on becoming a travelpreneur! 

Clubhouse, full of surprises – is also great for those looking to get hired, find like-minded individuals to surround themselves with digitally, or for the business owners out there, even find new customers. The opportunities here are endless and you’d be surprised what Clubhouse has to offer, no matter who you are! 

Like all major platforms such as TikTok & IG, everything starts small and then grows to become the large-scale apps that they are today. Clubhouse is currently in that small stage and will soon become the app EVERYONE is on! 

With the pandemic continuing in 2021, social-distancing is still in full effect. With the current way the world is, more tools like Clubhouse are becoming more accessible to the average person. Those who don’t take advantage of those tools will soon be left behind. If you’re motivated to further your career & connect with like-minded people, I HIGHLY recommend you join Clubhouse!

Sonia Anand

Montclair '21

Sonia Anand is a Senior at Montclair State University, studying Business Administration with a concentration in Management. Some of her passions include traveling the world, content creating, and luxury fashion. She is a dual national between the U.S. and UK and plans to hold an international career while experiencing living in different countries. With her extroverted and outgoing nature, she loves to take risks and push boundaries out of her comfort zone.
Bella is a Senior at Montclair State University studying Communications and Media Arts with a minor in Business. She is currently the Senior Editor as well as contributing writer for Her Campus Montclair and is very excited to take on the role of Vice President and Co-Editor in Chief for the spring '21 semester.