Top 5 Cheapest Trips to Take With The Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Everybody wants to take trips with the squad, but being in college most of us have limitations! We have to pay for tuition, phone bills, books, and everything else we’re responsible for! Most of us work hard for our money so we don’t want to blow it all in one place. If we’re going to take off from work, we want to make sure it’s worth it and it doesn’t break the bank. I’ve done my research (lots and lots of Googling) and I’ve managed to come up with 5 of the cheapest trips you can take with the girls. 

Trip to the Beach

During the summertime, you can never go wrong with a trip to the beach! Take all the girls down to the waterfront and RELAX! Lay under the sun and get crisp! If you’re anything like me, you’ll want to jump the waves as well. Nothing gets my heart pumping like jumping over the big waves and body-surfing over the perfect waves. It’s much more fun to do this all with your friends and laugh about it later when you’re all getting the sand out of your bathing suits, and then taking a group nap since the sun really knocks you out. 

Be A Tourist in Your Own State

I get it, girls. If we want to take a trip, we want to go somewhere hot and beautiful, but you don’t always need to do that. Drive out to the country side of your state, or the city, and rent an airbnb or hotel room for some time. You and your friends will have more fun making memories in the little things in your trip then you would while doing the big things in a populated vacationing area. Not only is it cheaper, but it’s different! How many times do we see our friends post Instagram pics of them in Florida sipping a smoothie? All the time! Take this trip to bond with your friends doing something simple, yet so rewarding.

Camping Under the Stars

I know, I know. Sleeping in the woods with the possibility of a bear eating all your well-packed snacks may be a bit intimidating, but camping isn’t like what you see in the movies. Renting or buying a well put together tent and gossiping with the girls all night as nature surrounds you really is a moment to never forget. To take it a step farther, you can camp in a national park and make it an educational experience. Learn about the park and then spend the night admiring the stars above you.

Drive Across USA/Other States

One of the most expensive parts of vacationing is the travel. Buying plane tickets, renting a car, taking an Uber, and other travel expenses. Rather than spending hundreds of dollars flying across the country, drive! Take one of your friend’s cars (the bigger, the better) and start driving! Set a specific state as the destination and then take off! Buy snacks, bring games, and make sure your music speakers are working! You can stop at some hotels and venture out. Experience all the USA has to offer, because there’s a lot! 

Book A Simple Cruise

Of course there are cruises for over $500 dollars a person to travel for a week to a beautiful country. While that definitely should be on the bucket list, don’t take those expensive cruises now! Go on cruises.com or talk to a travel agent. You can take a shorter cruise for less than $100 and still get to visit a beautiful area. I almost took a trip to Bermuda for 2 days, and it would’ve been $89 a person! The only downfall with these cruises is that for all my girls under the age of 21, you can’t go unless you bring a friend to be your “adult” (a person over 21). These cruises are a lot of fun and you don’t have to cry over an empty bank account afterwards.

No matter what you do with your friends, just make sure it’s something you enjoy. One day we’ll look back and realize this was the time of our lives. Let’s make sure we enjoy these times while we’re young.

Maria Hofmann

Montclair '22

Just a Journalism major with a passion to write. She loves listening to music and attending concerts as often as she can. She loves to drink coffee on the regular as she spends some quality time gossiping with her best friends, one being her mom! She's super outgoing and loves to meet new people so she can share stories about her life with others.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.