This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Sometimes we need a little music to remind us just how strong we are as women. In honor of Women’s History Month, here are my top 10 songs that I play when I want to feel like a boss lady. 

1. Run The World (Girls)” by Beyonce

I feel like this one is self explanatory. This song highlights the hard work that girls do, all while running the world. 

1.  “I Am Woman” by Emmy Meli

This song blew up on TikTok, and I was all for it. These lyrics, along with Meli’s voice, just make me feel so strong and powerful. We really are fearless. 

1. Man! I Feel Like A Woman” by Shania Twain 

This has always been one of my favorite songs since I was a little girl. I love how much fun Twain makes it sound to be a woman. Oftentimes people say “like a girl” as an insult, but in this song, she explains that it is amazing to do everything “like a woman.”

1. Legally Blonde (Remix)” from Legally Blonde the Musical

(SPOILER ALERT) This song is essentially Vivian and the other girls at the hair salon hyping Elle Woods up. I love a good “girls support girls” moment, and this song is just incredible. The best part is at the end when Brook Windom fires the creepy male teacher and hires Elle instead. It makes you want to scream “yas girl!” 

1. Sit Still, Look Pretty” by Daya

This song represents the fact that women were not made to just look pretty and do nothing. We are strong, capable and can even run the world. 

1. Speechless” from Disney’s Aladdin 

THIS SONG!! The first time I heard this song I was watching the movie in the theater, and I cried. Too often we are told to be quiet and that we don’t have a say because we are women. Watching Princess Jasmine sing this song empowered me like no other. 

1. Respect” by Aretha Franklin

This song is on this list because it is sad, but true, all women want is a little respect. This song is a classic.

1. Good As Hell” by Lizzo

“Baby how you feeling?” This song will make you feel “good as hell.” In this song, Lizzo talks about spending time and attention on yourself instead of a man who doesn’t love you anymore. 

1. God Is A Woman” by Ariana Grande

God has always been referred to as “He,” but in this song Grande questions that philosophy in a beautiful, empowering song. 

1. Girls Just Want To Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper

It’s okay for girls to have a good time and not be so serious all the time. In this song, Lauper explains that sometimes we just want to have fun.

Hailey Mayewski

Montclair '23

Hailey Mayewski is a Junior, journalism major at Montclair State University. She is excited to be a new member of Her Campus Montclair.