Style Icons: 10 Women We Can’t Stop Obsessing Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.
“Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn.– Gore Vidal
Style is such an important part of life; it’s the first thing someone notices when they see you walking down the street. It’s what happens when fashion meets personality. It gives you an opportunity to express yourself to the world. Here are some ladies who do just that. Because of their uniqueness and killer style, we can’t wait to see what trends they inspire next!

Selena Gomez The Girl Next Door
The Latina singer and actress’ style is always on trend. Her style is exquisite with the perfect amount of glam and edge in every look. Her style gives off an “easy to rock” vibe that inspires ladies of all ages to find their inner Selena

Taylor Swift Timeless Beauty
The pop singer stays true to her own words, “We never go out of style.” Her fashion taste is 1950’s inspired, with red lipstick and high-wasted everything, yet she adds her own modern twist with some bold makeup and awesome heels. 

Zoë Kravitz – Rocker-Glam
With such fashion forward parents like Zoë’s, it’s almost expected to have good sense of style in your DNA. Zoë always manages to keep it tasteful while throwing in a hint of grunge to showcase her creativity and love for fashion.

Kendall Jenner – Simple & Elegant
This brown eyed beauty’s style is effortless; you never see her trying too hard which is why so many people adore her taste. She keeps it simple and pretty.

Cara Delevinge – The Dare Devil
Cara is a spirit animal to many ladies. She’s a tomboy by day and girly girl by night. She has no boundaries and plays by her own rules.

Beyonce – Flawless
Beyonce’s style is versatile and unique. She’s not afraid to wear skin tight clothing that accentuates those famous curves all the while keeping it effortlessly chic. Dress her up or dress her down, it’s clear that Queen B can do no wrong. Bow Down!

Emma Watson – Poise
Emma is the perfect role model when it comes many things – especially fashion. She’s graceful and sexy without having to reveal too much skin. Not to mention, she’s a pioneer for trying out new looks on the red carpet, such as her iconic red and black look from the 2014 Golden Globes. The gorgeous dress/pant mix caused quite a stir in the fashion world and placed her at the top of many best dressed lists, naturally

Blake Lively – Infallible
Raiding the Gossip Girl star’s wardrobe must be feel like you’re simultaneously raiding Vogue and Barbie’s closets. She can do no wrong. Her style is always the perfect mix of pretty, sensual, and sophisticated.

Vanessa Hudgens – Boho Chic
Vanessa Hudgens is known as the Queen of Coachella for her incredible boho-chic looks she showcases every spring at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. Her style has a modern hippie-vibe to it all while feeling accessible enough that we want to run to our nearest Free People ASAP to recreate her looks. It’s laid back and comfortable feel matches the feel of LA and we can’t get enough of it.

Zendaya – The Risk Taker
Zendaya is known for taking risks and surprising us on every red carpet she’s on. Whether it’s with her fierce outfits, her killer heels or her ever changing hairstyle (how much do you love her with short hair and those dreads!), she always keeps us guessing. 

Jenn is currently a senior (Class of '16) at Montclair State University, majoring in English literature and minoring in journalism. Some of her passions include writing, music, and photography. When she's not busy with school or interning at Seventeen.com, you may find her on some sort of adventure in New York City singing at the top of her lungs at a concert. She enjoys being in the company of dogs, eating chocolate, and making new friends. You can also find her on Twitter and Instagram (@jennmx3).