Stephanie Samascott

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Meet this weeks campus cutie, Stephanie Samascott!

Age: 19

Year at Montclair: Sophomore
Favorite food: Chicken
Favorite movie: The Wizard of Oz
Favorite band: Maroon 5

HCM: Why did you choose to go to Montclair State University?

SS: In general, I chose Montclair because I liked the environment as well as the surrounding areas. It’s close to a lot of things, like New York City. I really liked the campus and the first time I visited I felt like I was at home. But also because I’m from Upstate New York, and I wanted to go to a school away from home where I didn’t know anyone and when it came down to it Montclair ended up being the perfect fit.

HCM: What’s your major and what do you hope to do in the future?

SS: I’m majoring in Nutrition and Food Science. In the future I hope to become a registered dietitian and eventually continue my education, studying Biochemical and Molecular Nutrition.

HCM: What are your hobbies?

SS: I enjoy just hanging out with my friends and family. I enjoy anything that has to do with music as well as snowboarding. But most of my free time is spent dancing, mainly clogging. Dance has been my life since I was 2 and I can’t picture my life without it.

HCM: Are you single? 

SS: Yes I am.

HCM: Are you involved with any clubs or organizations on campus?

SS: I play trumpet for the pep band and I am a part of Rhythm Nation Dance Club.

HCM: One random fact about you?

SS: I work at a 103-year-old carousel back home in Saratoga Springs, New York.

Bri Capik

Montclair

Hi, my name's Bri, I'm currently a Junior Communications Studies major and English minor at Montclair State University. I love dance, reading, crocheting, coffee, anything Disney, and of course, writing for Her Campus!