andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Break on a Collegiette Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

We don’t know about you, but we are sure tired of this harsh winter we are experiencing. Who’s ready to escape the arctic tundra? With spring break coming up in March, we’d thought we’d help you plan your getaway on a collegiette budget.

College Trips Brought to you by Contiki.com and EFCollegeBreak.com

Though it may be too late to book something for spring break through these websites, we still think it’d be great for the summer. Contiki and EF College Break offer amazing trips around the world at an amazing price. The price includes transportation, hotels, food, tourist attractions, and more. You don’t have to pay in full right away. You put a deposit down and won’t have to pay the rest till you’re closer to your travel date. How amazing is that? It gives you plenty of time to save up money!

All-Inclusive Vacations

We LOVE all-inclusive vacations. All you can eat and drink (even alcohol, yes!) on a gorgeous beach somewhere in the Caribbean. Who can complain about that? It’s a great way to save money. You don’t have to worry about paying for food and drinks every day. Go to Mexico, Jamaica, Bahamas, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Turks & Caicos. All travel sites like, Expedia, Travelocity, CheapTickets, and CheapCarribean will show you the all-inclusive deals. Make sure you check every single one for the best deal.

Groupon and Living Social

Groupon and Living Social offer great deals all over the world. You can get a cheaper price for hotels, especially in the United States. They offer complete vacations as well. Check it out. Who knows? You just might save some money! Another tip, use these sites for deals on restaurants wherever you’re visiting.

Top 5 Destinations

Mexico

You cannot go wrong with Mexico. Anywhere in Mexico is absolutely BREATHTAKING. It’s all-inclusive and you’re on a beach. HELLO.

Las Vegas

Stay on the Strip and you’re bound to have a ton of fun. Have crepes at the Paris Resort and Casino (don’t forget to go up their Eiffel Tower), enjoy gelato at The Venetian (a gondola ride is a must!), hit the Mirage for the Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat exhibit, and of course see BRITNEY SPEARS at Planet Hollywood Resort!

South Florida

Miami, Panama City Beach, Daytona Beach, or Fort Lauderdale. Wherever you go you’re going to have amazing fun in the sun. Beach parties, clubs, pools, good food, drinks. South Florida is definitely the place to be if you’re a partier.

Punta Cana, DR

Another all-inclusive vacation. If the episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians where they go to DR didn’t make you want to visit, then we’re pretty sure you need to take a closer look at just how beautiful the country is. DR is where it’s at ladies. GO!

New Orleans 

Come on, we’ve all heard how fun NOLA is. Get your girls and spend a few days in the south. Stay in the French Quarter and visit the madness on Bourbon Street. There’s so much more to do there. If you’re a history buff, you can see the old plantations; visit the historic homes, etc. It’s truly great. Maybe you’ll even meet a sexy southern boy. Who doesn’t like those southern accents?

Photo Credit: 1 2 3 4 5 6

I'm an eternal optimist, aspiring PR girl, fashionsta and friend. I love my position at Her Campus Montclair. Being Editor-in-Chief has taught me how to manage time, be creative with content, and most of all, how to be an effective leader. I'm currently the social media manager at the New Yorker Hotel and Manhattan Center in NYC. When I was the social media director for HC Montclair, I learned just how incredible being connected with the world could be for any business. Social media has become a part of almost everyone's life. I adore it for all it can do and hope to one day own a social media consulting firm that can go into struggling businesses or start up businesses and help them out.