September’s Fashionista of the Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.
  • Year at Montclair: Sophomore
  • Major: Communication Studies – Health Communications
  • Age: 19
  • Hometown: Paramus, NJ
  • Hobbies: Shopping, going to the movies, walking my dogs, hanging out with my friends
  1. What goes through your mind when picking out your outfit everyday? I usually pick out my outfits the night before so I have more time to get ready in the morning. Since I am a commuter, I take comfort into consideration as well as style because I am going to be wearing it all day.
  2. Where do you shop? I mainly shop at Express and Forever 21.
  3. How would you describe your style? I would say that my style is relaxed, but fashionable. I enjoy whites, nudes and creams and I am almost always in jeggings.
  4. What do you think is the perfect everyday school look? I think the perfect everyday school look is a pair of dark blue jeggings, a white V-neck and tall brown boots.
  5. What fashion piece do you think girls should invest in? A nice pair of boots. Boots will keep you warm in the winter and can dress up any cute outfit in the summer. One of my favorite looks is a frilly floral dress with short cowboy boots!
  6. Who is your style icon? Why? Lucy Hale from Pretty Little Liars. I love all of her outfits. She incorporates bold prints and bright colors into her everyday outfits without being too flashy.
  7. What’s a fashion quote that you live by? “I think there is beauty in everything. What ‘normal’ people would perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it.” – Alexander McQueen
  8.  Any Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram? Of course! Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram