This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

It’s the time of year that we’ve been dreading-— the end of the fall menus at our favorite chain coffee joints. Don’t fret, because this means that they will be releasing the winter flavors! I asked the girls at MSU what their favorite fall drinks were and what winter drinks they were looking forward to buying during the holidays. You may even have the chance to get your last fall drink before supplies run out at certain coffee shops; it will vary at each store!

Grace Rodriguez (Instagram: @gw.aciie)

A Starbucks drink being held in a car
Photo by Grace Rodriguez

For fall, Grace loves an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte with oat milk at Starbucks. She gets no whipped cream and adds pumpkin cream cold foam as well as cinnamon dolce syrup. She says it tastes like fall in a cup. For the winter months, Grace looks forward to Iced Chai Lattes with soy milk and pistachio cold foam. 

Gloria Pérez (Instagram: @xo_.gloriaaa)

Gloria’s favorite fall drink is an Iced Pumpkin Crepe Chai Latte with almond milk. From the Starbucks’ winter menu, she looks forward to the Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha. 

Mack Szabo (Instagram: @mackszabo)

A selfie of Mackenzie Szabo holding a Dunkin Donuts drink in her car
Photo by Mack Szabo

Mack loves going to Dunkin to get a Pumpkin Cold Brew with almond milk! She happily shared a picture of her favorite coffee chain. She’s very excited for the Cookie Butter Cold Brew to come back at Dunkin. 

Madelyn Franco (Instagram: @madsfranc)

Gloria sipping from a Starbucks blue tumbler
Photo by Gloria Pérez

Madelyn also shared a picture of herself to show her favorite chain, Starbucks! In the fall, she usually gets a Brown Sugar shaken espresso with one pump of chai. She’s looking forward to the Sugar Cookie almond milk latte coming to Starbucks.

Amanda Ruja (Instagram: @amandaruja_)

Amanda Ruja holding a Starbucks drink in her car
Photo by Amanda Ruja

Although Amanda doesn’t have a picture from her recent trips to Starbucks, her picture is still showing off the violet drink that was discontinued at Starbucks in 2019. Her favorite seasonal drink is the Peppermint Hot Chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle at Starbucks. When it comes to the holiday releases, she’s excited for all the Christmas drinks. 

Now’s your time to check out some of your favorite coffee shops (chain or local) to see what fun and exciting flavors are being offered for the winter season. You can also try and make your own versions at home to try and save some money for holiday gifts! There are plenty of resources online that try to recreate popular drinks with home ingredients. Enjoy your seasonal drinks!

I am a current MSU senior majoring in linguistics and minoring in Korean and Classics. My love for writing and reading has set me on a path to enter the publishing industry! When I'm not at school you can find my reading outside, working and visiting local towns.