This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Meet Rosenny Martinez, a freshman here at Montclair State. You can find this collegiette anywhere on campus! When she is not on campus studying or planning events for The Latin American Student Organization (LASO), she is in her hometown of Paterson, NJ. This is Rosenny’s first year in LASO; here she is the face behind the name. She sets up events, decorates for events and plans different activities for LASO. Rosenny loves being apart of this diverse, cultural organization!

1. How did you get involved with The Latin American Student Organization? I was always interested in joining a cultural club at college and over the summer, I participated in the EOF program. The EOF program held an event called La Cena and this is where I signed up for LASO!
  2. What made you interested in this? Well being Latino, I thought I would fit right in this organization. Many of my friends are also involved as well it gives me a chance to meet up with them and get together.
  3. What was your favorite event that LASO held so far? My favorite event so far would bethe  LASO prom because I helped planned this event. The music performed by the DJ was phenomenal and like always, my girls made the night for me. I also had the opportunity to experience prom because I never went to prom in high school.
  4. What advice would you give to other students who would like to join? That LASO is for everyone – not just Latino people! This organization is fun and brings diversity into your life.
  5. Do you see yourself being apart of this organization throughout your college career? Yes, because this is something I love doing and devoting my spare time to.