burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Robert Geller’s NYFW Fall 2019 Collection Is out of This World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Anyone who ever claimed that you can’t look stylish in outer space could learn a lesson or two from Robert Geller’s FW19 collection!

The show collabed with Lululemon and took place at Pier 59 Studios in NYC. The background of the venue had blackish gray walls with bright galaxy-style lights in contrast. There was a live band playing slow, spacey music which nicely complemented the background.

The outfits in this show were extraordinary, and the theme was incredibly unique in the fact that the models wore outfits inspired by both mountain climbing and outer space! Many models had either scarves, pants or coats with images of the moon on them, calling attention to the outer space theme. In addition, many models wore harnesses and carabiners which made them look like mountain climbers.

Many models wore jackets ranging from beige blazers to long coats with the moon pattern. One major recurring detail from this show was that all the models had their heads and necks covered and wore gloves in colors contrasting their outfits. They also wore sneakers with brightly colored laces.

In terms of color scheme, the show seemed to play with a balanced mixture of neutrals and neons, suggesting that both of these opposite schemes will be on trend next fall and winter. While his SS18 show used more neutrals and his SS17 show used more colors, this new show featured a perfect ratio of classic grays, blacks, beiges and tans to bright neon pinks, purples and lime greens.

This outrageous theme seemed to give off a very inspiring, positive vibe: get the courage to climb a mountain and you can end up on the moon! Don’t set limits to how high you set your goals, standards or dreams. Even if this is not the exact message meant to be portrayed, who doesn’t want to explore the galaxy?

All in all, this show was like nothing before and any aspiring mountain climbers or astronauts looking to improve their sense of style should watch it… it was out of this world!

Robert Geller Fall 2019 Collection

Zoe Nolz

Montclair '21

Zoe is a student at Montclair State University. She is the current Fashion and Beauty Editor for Her Campus Montclair. When she is not in class or doing work, you can catch her hanging with friends, shopping, writing, watching movies, drinking smoothies, just chilling or off on an adventure!
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.