Project Runway or Runaway? Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn Are Leaving Project Runway and I’m Shook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Apparently, there’s some huge news in the world of fashion and entertainment: Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn are leaving “Project Runway!” Fashionistas everywhere are shocked by this announcement, as the show is a favorite among fashion-savvy girls and guys.

For those who aren’t familiar with “Project Runway,” it’s a competition show where over a dozen ambitious up-and-coming fashion designers must design and construct outfits under stressful conditions and deadlines. The winner gets a bunch of amazing prizes and the chance to really make a name for him or herself.

Klum and Gunn had a charismatic dynamic and helpful presence as co-hosts, judges and mentors. Although I did not watch every episode, I always tune in and out of each season and really enjoy the competition and the clothes. But what will happen now that the duo is saying goodbye?

“After 16 incredible seasons, I am saying ‘Auf Wiedersehen’ to Project Runway, a show that I was honored to host and help create. I am incredibly proud of the show, and it will always have a special place in my heart. I am so appreciative of the dedicated fans, and most of all, I am grateful that we could shine a light on creativity and help launch so many talented designers’ careers. I’m most excited that my journey with my dear friend and colleague, @timgunn, is far from over. We will be partnering with Amazon for a new show, and we’re excited for everyone to see what we’re designing next!” Klum said on Instagram.

Both her and Gunn seem to have a very optimistic outlook for the future and seem very excited for their new Amazon show.

Many fans are probably feeling shocked and emotions will be running high, as the two icons will be leaving after 16 seasons. According to People.com, Judge Zac Posen is also saying goodbye to his role after 6 seasons. But the show must go on. In the same report by People.com, Bravo states that “Project Runway” is nowhere near over.

“Bravo is proud to bring Project Runway back where it all began, and Heidi and Tim will always be a huge part of the legacy. The series will continue its iconic impact with Bravo’s reboot for the next generation of designers and fans. We are excited to announce our new host and mentor very soon.”

While I am not sure what will be in store for the new “Project Runway,” I know that I am eager to find out. Here marks the end of an era, but also a new beginning. To quote the iconic Heidi Klum herself, ‘Auf Wiedersehen’.

Zoe Nolz

Montclair '21

Zoe is a student at Montclair State University. She is the current Fashion and Beauty Editor for Her Campus Montclair. When she is not in class or doing work, you can catch her hanging with friends, shopping, writing, watching movies, drinking smoothies, just chilling or off on an adventure!
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.