This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Calm, cool and collected? Yes, please! In creating Tibi’s Spring/Summer 2019 collection, Amy Smilovic, the founder and designer of Tibi, had the idea of introducing laid back femininity as well as inspiration by how our wardrobe makes us feel. The collection consists of numerous blazers, long skirts, trousers, shirt dresses, flip flops and handbags: all the spring and summer essentials.

Tibi’s S/S19 collection contrasts sophistication with comfy-casual by pairing blazers with chino shorts, a pair of flip flops and cool shades all of which add a cool and laid-back feel. Amy Smilovic keeps things fun and fresh by adding pops of lime and mint green, orange tones, royal blue and baby pinks that stand out against some of the browns and tans of the collection.

The airiness and loose fabrics of the looks creates the image of a fresh and comfortable vibe that can be worn for any occasion. The use of boots in the collection keeps it super chic. Whether it’s a dinner in the city or a day at the office, these pieces are so versatile making it very easy to pair with boots or sandals, just like they were styled on the runway!

Although the majority of Tibi’s garments are catered for women, there were a few menswear pieces shown in the collection too! The guys strutted the runway wearing long coats, blazers, collared blouses, chinos and of course flip flops. This look gives off the “When you have a pedicure appointment at 5 but have an office meeting at 6 feels and I LOVE IT.

Aside from the mixing and matching of pastels and neutrals, Amy Smilovic loves her monochrome looks. There were looks that consisted of an all navy jumpsuit or a Kelly green blouse with a matching mini skirt. My favorite monochrome look displayed was this orange oversized sweater, a matching orange silk skirt paired with white ankle booties and a royal blue handbag!

Overall, I really loved Tibi’s Spring/Summer 2019 Collection! It contained simplicity with fun and youthful vibes that showcased lots of unique pieces. I loved how Amy Smilovic strived to break the rules of fashion a little bit by pairing everyday workwear with casual summer essentials such as flips flops and sunglasses. As a fashion student, Tibi has really inspired me. So if you’re looking for quirkiness with a touch of sophistication, Tibi’s got it all!

Check out the full collection here!

Alexa Rae is a Jersey girl with a passion for fashion. She is a Montclair State University alumna with a BA degree in Fashion Studies and minor in Fashion Merchandising. Alexa was a writer for HCM for 4 years, having concentrated on fashion and lifestyle related articles. Her future career goal is to have her own successful fashion brand.
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.