This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

As the semester begins and everyone gets back into the swing of classes, we can’t forget the most important school opening event of the fashion year. Yes, I’m referring to New York Fashion Week 2019 and renowned designer Oscar de a Renta.

Oscar de a Renta was a Dominican born fashion designer prominent for his ready-to-wear designs that are sold worldwide in a plethora of stores. Even after his death, the CEO of his brand, Alex Bolen continues to show the fashion icons vision through his designs at NYFW. This year the company took a more modern but unique approach in their fashion show presentation.

Effortless Grandeur

Nothing is more original than a black dress with black heels to compliment it. This year is all about lace, straps, corsets and sleeves vs no sleeves for a romantic sheer look. A natural glow and some melanin complimented the look.

Pop of Color

Whoever said going too bright is bad lied because a pop of color brightens up any look. These gowns show off the vibrant array of rainbow colors.

Patterns

Different, different, different is all you hear about patterns. Scraps to fashion, is the upcoming story about this next set of artistry. De la Renta’s ready-to-wear was really showcased with these roman drapery themed looks for their scarf wraps line this year.

White Floral

With some Asian zing, you can spruce up anything you put your heart too. With these basic looks, just the amount of floral patterns gives it a boost of fling.

In concluding this amazing fashion show, all the looks (as you know) were ready-to-wear. And that as a fact makes de la Renta so distinctive to his craft because you don’t have to hassle to create a look with his pieces. This year really was a bang with a little bit of everything, and a dash of uniqueness and pride from all cultures with a spring chic aspect. Looking to new year, for sure NYFW was a hit for Oscar de la Renta.

Check out the full collection here!

Janaé Belle

Montclair '22

Hi I’m Janaé Belle Freshman at Montclair Biology Major with a Pre-Med Concentration
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.