burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

NYFW: The Hottest Trends Happening Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

New York Fashion Week is one of the most exciting events of the Fall Season that works to showcase collections for the 2016 Spring and Summer seasons. This year – held from September 10th to the 16th at various venues around the city – featured some of the most well-known designers and celebrities in attendance. Fashion Week previews current and upcoming trends in the world of fashion, so here are some of the top trends we loved that took over this years New York Fashion Week!

Fringe 

This 70s trend has been an extremely popular part of Fall fashion for years and the obsession seems to continue. Fringe is great because it adds texture and flow to each garment. Fringe is most often added to fashion accessories, hemlines of dresses, kimonos, shoes, and sweaters. This is a trend that you won’t want to miss out on so be sure to incorporate some pieces into your wardrobe!

Mixing Prints 

By the looks of NYFW, 2016 is going to be a bold year full of mixing and matching fun, colorful prints! Wearing these fashions you are sure to stand out and make a statement. These designs are funky and unique to say the least, but most of all: eye-catching. The classic wrap dress (middle) created by the iconic Diane Von Furstenberg, was a staple at her show this year. This is a piece every girl should have in their closet. DVF for the win!

Bare Shoulders

Almost every designer incorporated dresses in their collections this NYFW and many of them featured one common design element: bare shoulders. This style creates a sexy and feminine appeal to every look. It allows for easy pairings with other apparel you might have in your closet, allowing you to accessorize with other pieces like jackets, blazers, or cardigans.

Here are some of our favorite designers and the looks they debuted this NYFW!

Marc Jacobs

Oscar de la Renta

Alexander Wang

Givenchy

Michael Kors

I am a junior at Montclair State University. I am a Fashion Studies Major. My hobbies are shopping, spending time with friends and family, and working out! I am bubbly and energetic :)