Nutrition Major and Phi Sigma Sigma Member: Erin McMurray

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Erin McMurray

Age: 20

Major: Applied Nutrition with a Minor in Public Health

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Marmora, NJ

What is your favorite thing about MSU?

My Sisters (McMurray is a member of Phi Sigma Sigma).

If you could be a food, what food would you be and why?

A grapefruit – they are one of my favorite fruits and I just think that their coloring is so pretty, and they are bitter and I’m sometimes bitter so…

What would be your dream job?

To open a bakery and just decorate cakes all day.

Is there a celebrity you would want to trade places with?

Vanessa Hudgens! She just seems so cool and she’s so beautiful and I feel like she just kind of does whatever she wants and doesn’t care what everyone thinks and I just think that’s so amazing.

Where is one place in the world you would love to visit?

Australia

What’s your favorite animal?

Octopus

What is your life motto?

“Life moves on whether we act as cowards or heroes.”

If you could tell your freshman self one thing, what would it be?

That it all isn’t as bad as you think it is and that it really does get easier/better. Also to have more confidence because confidence really is one of best qualities a person can have.

Image Sources: Erin McMurray

Junior at Montclair State University who plans on majoring in English. Known for being stressed, well dressed, and boyband obsessed.
Sarah Vazquez is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. She is the current Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She is an avid concert-goer, podcast junkie, X-Files fanatic and someone who always has her nose buried deep inside a book.