This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

We’ve all heard the saying love is blind but is it true? Netflix just dropped a new reality dating show called Love is Blind and it gives you some first-hand experience on that saying. I heard all about the show on social media and after seeing all the buzz I knew I had to watch. Over spring break I binged watched the whole show and I highly recommend it. It was so addicting and full of drama, here’s why you need to watch Love is Blind.

The new reality show gets people asking can you fall in love without ever seeing them? Love is Blind follows 30 single people as they enter a new experiment where you essentially are speed dating inside these pods. In the pods, it is just you and you can talk through the wall to another pod where another person is waiting to talk to you. The idea sounds terrifying which it is, I mean you are talking through the wall to a stranger. But, it seemed to be effective because out of the 30 people six couples made it through to the weddings. If you wanna know who got married and who did not then you will just have to watch the show and the reunion to find out.

After watching the show it got me thinking; if I would try the show and go through this experience, I personally could never do that. I am definitely more of a spectator for something like this. However, despite that, I really did enjoy this show. It was such a different concept and because of that, it kept me interested the whole time. It made me want to come back for more. The show consists of eleven episodes and I went through the show in two days. I am a sucker for any type of reality tv, it is my favorite thing ever to watch. Love is Blind was right up my ally for that it was the perfect mixture of the love aspect and the reality aspect. As I mentioned, the show is full of drama because what reality shows aren’t? I don’t wanna spoil too much information about the show, but I will say all of the drama is worth the watch. From breakups to makeups, love triangles and runaway brides. Love is Blind is definitely worth the watch!

Abbie Nini

Montclair '21

Abbie Nini is a junior at Montclair State University. She is currently studying communication and media arts with a minor in business. Abbie loves all things fashion, after she graduates she is hoping to pursure a career in the fashion industry. She is passionate about many things and can not wait to see what the future holds. Abbie is a big Disney lover and is always ready to shop!
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.