By Hailey Mayewski
November is National Candle Month! Here are my top 10 Bath & Body Works candles for the month.
10. OLD FASHIONED CIDER DONUT: Notes of old-fashioned cake donut, baked apple and brown sugar cinnamon.
-If you have ever been to a farm that sells hot cider donuts, then you are definitely familiar with the scent of those fresh, sugared, covered circles of fried dough. Light this candle once, and your whole house will smell as delicious as a fresh donut stand. It’s number 10 for me simply because it can be a bit too sweet when lit for too long in my opinion.
9. AMERICA’S FAVORITE PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE: Notes of warm sugar cookies, ground cinnamon, fresh nutmeg and sprinkled with sugar.
-Similar to the candle above, if you light this candle, someone is bound to ask if you have cookies baking in the oven. While this is technically a fall candle, it smells more like Christmas time to me, which I love. Again, it is lower on the list because it can be a bit too sweet for those who are not crazy about sugar scents.
8. PUMPKIN APPLE: Notes of red delicious apple, fall pumpkin, fresh ground cinnamon and clove buds.
-I love pumpkin scents. I love apple scents. Put them together and I am a happy girl. This scent is crisp and warm all at the same time. If you think you do not like pumpkin scents, give this one a try and it may change your mind. The apple balances the pumpkin very well.
7. VANILLA PUMPKIN MARSHMALLOW: Notes of Tahitian vanilla, pumpkin spice, homemade marshmallow and drizzled caramel.
-I was obsessed with this scent all throughout high school. It is the perfect mix of pumpkin and vanilla. The complexity of the marshmallow scent takes away some of the intense sweetness, while still keeping a pretty sweet smell. If you like sugary scents, but not too sweet, this is for you.
6. THE PERFECT AUTUMN: Notes of fresh cranberry, spiced pumpkin, crisp apple and rich clove.
-This scent matches its name perfectly. It really is the perfect autumn smell. It hits every fall flavor from cranberry to pumpkin, apple and even clove. My family burnt through this candle in a few days.
5. FLANNEL: Notes of fresh bergamot, heirloom mahogany and soft musk.
-The only way I can think to explain this scent is basically just…Hollister. If you have ever been in a Hollister store, then you know this scent. It is a woodsy, masculine scent that smells super clean.
4. LAKESIDE MORNING: Notes of crisp autumn air, white driftwood and a hint of green apple.
-If this is really what mornings smell like on a lake, then I need to take a trip because this smells amazing. It’s like a mix of fruit and the smell after it rains. If you like refreshing scents, then this is for you.
3. FROZEN LAKE: Notes of lavender leaves, cool eucalyptus and juniper berries.
-Ok, this is so high on this list for one specific reason. It smells exactly like the “Avatar” themed ride in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, “Flight of Passage.” That is one of my favorite rides and being that I am also a huge Disney fan, when I smelled this I was immediately brought back to my favorite place on earth. If you have ever ridden that ride, please just go smell this candle.
2. MARSHMALLOW FIRESIDE: Notes of toasted marshmallow, smoldering woods, fire-roasted vanilla and crystalized amber.
-There is nothing I love more than roasting marshmallows by a fire in the fall. This scent is the perfect reminder of that aesthetic activity. While this is a marshmallow scent, the fireside of the scent really pulls through and really makes the whole house smell like a delicious roasted marshmallow. My whole family loves this scent.
1. MAHOGANY APPLE: Notes of red mahogany woods, delicious golden apple, pink peppercorn and fresh lavender sprigs.-We made it to my personal favorite! I love masculine, woodsy scents. One of my favorite candles of all time is Mahogany Teakwood, so when I saw Mahogany Apple, I knew I would love it without even smelling it. The sweet apple balances the dark mahogany so well it’s incredible. Even if you are not a fan of these types of scents, please go smell this one, I promise it will be a pleasant surprise.
I hope this helped you decide which candles you want to light to celebrate National Candle month. Enjoy ;)