This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Easter time is always full of fun activities in my household. Whether it’s dyeing eggs or leaving carrots out for the bunny, we always have a blast. Here are a few of my favorite Easter traditions:

1. Dyeing Eggs

I know this is an obvious one, but no matter how old I am, I still get excited to do this.  I love bonding with my family about what colors we are using and which design we will do next. My brother and I are pretty much adults, but we still do this tradition every year. 

1. Cousin Easter Egg Hunt

I have a lot of cousins, and every year we do a big Easter egg hunt at my aunt’s house. Again, most of us are grown up, but we still have so much fun running around trying to find the candy (and sometimes money) filled eggs. 

1. Easter at the Bakery

My family owns an Italian pastry shop called “The Lyndhurst Pastry Shop,” and holidays require all hands on deck. Every Easter the bakery is filled with family members working to serve customers. It may sound upsetting to work on Easter, but I love it. I get to work with my whole family, and we have a great time. 

1. Easter Sunday Mass

My brother is a professional trumpet player who usually plays in church on Easter. I look forward to this mass all year long because I believe nothing sounds more beautiful than a trumpet in a church. 

1. Easter Dinner

My family goes all out for Easter dinner. We have ham, lasagna, pasta, salad…the whole works. Everyone works together to make the meal, so eating it with the whole family is a beautiful experience, not to forget it tastes great too. 

For those who celebrate, I hope you can relate to my favorite traditions, and I wish you a blessed Easter.

Hailey Mayewski

Montclair '23

Hailey Mayewski is a Junior, journalism major at Montclair State University. She is excited to be a new member of Her Campus Montclair.