Picture I took from Virgil Abloh\'s NYC pop up store.
Original photo by Sonia Anand
Style

My Experience visiting Virgil Abloh’s NYC Green Screen Pop-Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Over the summer, I spent my time in New York completing an internship. Because I was in NYC quite often, I had the ability to stop by Virgil Abloh’s Louis Vuitton F/W19 Menswear Pop-Up store. I heard about this event opening through social media and had to give it a visit after seeing the pictures Abloh himself released. It opened in late July giving people only a limited amount of time to see it. However, customers had exclusive early access to the collection to get their hands on it before the rest of the world.

When arriving at the location, I had to wait in a queue for about 5-10 minutes. When it was my turn, I was escorted inside with a few other people by a Louis Vuitton associate around the venue. The associate showed me some of the most prominent pieces from the collection including a black leather duffle that had numerous flags of different countries draped around it. This is one of my favorite pieces from the collection because the quality is amazing and I love the details. 

Original photo by Sonia Anand

The Pop-up was so different and unique compared to anything that I’ve seen before; which made me love it. All of the different products were eye-catching because of the strong green-hued background. While I didn’t purchase anything from the collection, this experience was one of a kind! I look forward to visiting future Pop-Ups from Abloh in NY.

Photo by Sonia Anand

Sonia Anand

Montclair '21

Sonia Anand is a Senior at Montclair State University, studying Business Administration with a concentration in Management. Some of her passions include traveling the world, content creating, and luxury fashion. She is a dual national between the U.S. and UK and plans to hold an international career while experiencing living in different countries. With her extroverted and outgoing nature, she loves to take risks and push boundaries out of her comfort zone.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.