Style

The Montclair Shops You’re Sleeping On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

More and more these days, with so many corporations growing larger and becoming harder to control, it can be hard to spend your money on good-quality, sustainable products. Luckily, Montclair students and residents have access to a wonderful downtown area full of excellent local businesses who are committed to contributing to the community, so you can rest easy about where your money is going. Here are some shops around Downtown Montclair you should visit this semester.

Just Jersey

Just Jersey (179 Glenridge Ave) represents over 200 Jersey artists. Everything in the store is made in NJ! Stop by to grab some cute New Jersey or Montclair-themed decor, jewelry, t-shirts or stationary. Browse their wide array of Jersey-made candles, lotions, soaps and other self-care products. They also offer custom pieces in case you’re feeling homesick, sentimental, or you just want to absolutely slay at the gift-giving game.

Dolly Moo

It’s like Lush, but local! This cute little skincare shop (217 Glenridge Ave) is a great nearby relaxation station. Stop in for specialized skincare including their signature bath bombs, body butter and much more. Check out their blankets, candles and smudge bundles for a cozy night-in full of self-care and good vibes.

White Rabbit Black Heart

Love words? White Rabbit Black Heart (219 Glenridge Ave) is full of them! Check out their incredible compilation of quotes to decorate your space. Make sure to peruse their card collection – you’ll be sure to find one for every occasion. White Rabbit Black Heart has all the words of wisdom you’ll need to make it through the day.

Noellery

Noellery (4 Church St.) is ready to help you expand your jewelry collection. Come view their floor-to-ceiling array of rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets and more. They can accessorize you head-to-toe, and they even offer personalized jewelry design for your special occasions.

Don’t forget – these aren’t the only small businesses Montclair has to offer. Check out Montclair BID the next time you’re looking for something fun to do nearby. Happy exploring!

Brielle is a sophomore at Montclair State University double-majoring in Communication/Media Arts and French, with a minor in Film. Writing has been her passion since age eight and she's so excited to pursue it in the real world. When she's not writing, she's usually at the movies, listening to podcasts, or scrolling through Twitter. Catch her at Starbucks or follow her on Instagram and Twitter under her handle: @breezegiveshugs.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.