Style > Fashion

Lingerie Brands To Support Other Than VS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Victoria’s Secret has been #1 in the game for lingerie and undergarments for more than 40 years. Through the decades, Victoria’s Secret has faced heavy backlash and criticism from consumers and fashion’s biggest names due to their lack of representation when it comes to women who are over the sizes two to four. As anyone would be, I was sick of not being able to fit in Victoria’s Secret lingerie and seeing the harmful effects it had on women and their body image. 

So that’s when I found inclusive lingerie brands that sell something for every woman! Here are lingerie brands to support other than VS:

SAVAGE X FENTY

Rihanna released her lingerie brand Savage X Fenty back in 2018, and it was immediately a smashing success! Her line of lingerie includes affordable and inclusive styles for all women and body types. Savage X Fenty isn’t only limited to lingerie, but you can find an assortment of lounge clothes, bras, undies and they even have a section for men as well! 

“Savage X Fenty has disrupted the lingerie industry and redefined sexy. With accessible price points and an extensive assortment of fashion-forward styles, the brand celebrates fearlessness, confidence and inclusivity. From everyday staples to provocative pieces, Savage X Fenty has something for every mood, every vibe and every BODY.” – Savage X Fenty website

voight by valentina

Valentina Voight dropped out of college to pursue her dream of working in the fashion industry. Since then, she has created an inclusive and sustainable fashion brand that focuses on lingerie and other fashion pieces such as loungewear, swimwear and accessories. All of her lingerie sets are unique, and the packaging is to die for! Every order is shipped with love in its designated packaging that correlates to the collection. Two years after starting her brand, Voight by Valentina, she has become a huge success and an inspiration to small business owners proving anything is possible. 

“Packaging is very important to me. Even since the very beginning, I was like I want everybody to feel special. If you get an item from me, it should feel like your birthday every single time. That’s why every single packaging is customized to go with every single collection.”- Valentina Voight for Complex talking about her unique packaging

ADORE ME

Adore Me is a lingerie brand created by Morgan Hermand and is celebrating its 10 year anniversary this year. Hermand created the name for his brand based on the meaning of adore, “which means to love and respect [someone] deeply.” Their goal has always been to provide sustainable and size inclusive options for all women. They also sell other items like loungewear, swimwear, bras and undies. Adore Me is also super affordable, and you can look sexy while wearing it! 

“Adore Me’s mission is to support every woman to celebrate her best self—because every woman deserves to feel loved, respected, and happy in her own skin. Whether our intimates are worn for yourself or shown off for someone special, our goal is to support your happiest self—from the inside and the outside, or however you like to express yourself to the world” – Adore Me

LOVE, VERA

Love, Vera is a Black-owned lingerie brand founded by Vera Moore and her partner Nate Johnson back in 2018. Since then, their company has grown significantly and specializes in selling affordable lingerie that’s not only size inclusive, but makes Black women the center of their campaigns — something other lingerie companies rarely ever do. Their main goal, besides selling affordable pieces, is using their platform to celebrate Black women and their cultural influence as well as their entreupenurship.  

“Love, Vera is closing the opportunity gap for black women in fashion and raising the bar for representation & inclusivity. The name stems from the love that Vera maintains for others and its limitless power as a problem solver, peacemaker, and unifier. We welcome you – no matter your race, color, creed, or orientation. Black women make things cool, but remain outsiders to leadership and business opportunities in fashion. Love, Vera is going to change that.”- Love, Vera website

Arieliz Ramos

Montclair '23

I'm Arieliz and I'm a student at Montclair State University. Fashion & Beauty enthusiast. Harry Styles lover. Coffee Addict.