This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

In the midst of the current controversy involving Kayne West and Kim Kardshian, many social media sites have several opinions, from finding his statements in the constant battle to bring his family back together amusing to overly persistent.

“To be in love is to be crazy about something and I am crazy about my family happy valentines” – Kayne West

… WTF?  Similar to me, many want this man to stay off social media for the love of God. After finding a new love interest in Julia Fox, we all thought he was done tormenting Kim, but here we are again stuck in this loophole of craziness.

As a celebrity, people find his behavior romantic. In reality, it is scary and wouldn’t be viewed in the same light if he wasnt famous. Social media accounts continue to amplify his voice, but they should actually be taking the responsibility to protect women and other people he continues to harass like Pete Davdsion and Kid Cudi. 

Other public accounts of harassment through the use of Twitter, such as with former president Donald Trump, were completely shut down when people found his tweets offensive. Unlike this case, no one has stated that what Kanye is doing is wrong and taken the extra steps to shut down his account. 

The hopes for his account to be suspended were not looking good until last week when a Meta spokesperson agreed this was harassment – not for long, though, as it only remained in effect for 24 hours. But since then, all posts have been deleted. 

Moving away from social media tangents, he used a recent interview to take an even weirder stance and showed why men are truly bitter after breakups. After hearing the sick realization that this is the “[representation] of how much she’s been used” shows the true side of breakups. 

Kim’s voice has slowly been silenced as she expresses concern for new boyfriend Pete Davidson and most importantly herself. As Kanyne has set this as standard for our society, we must understand that without the break of this cycle, more and more people will use this as justification to speak to women however they please. We must be able to take our blindfold off as a consumer of celebrity news and understand the real impact of someone’s behavior.

Maya Savoy

Montclair '24

Maya Savoy is a senior, studying Journalism and Digital Media who found a passion for writing and acting at a young age.