Justice Studies Major, Paralegal and Dedicated Mother: Briana Colon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Briana Colon

Age: 22

Major/Minor: Justice Studies

Year: Senior

HCM: Why did you decide to attend Montclair State?

BC: I decided to attend to MSU because of the Justice Studies program.

HCM: What’s your favorite thing about Montclair State?

BC: My favorite thing about MSU is the help I have received from advisers when it comes to classes. The fact that I was a transfer student and did not know much about using MSU accounts lead my advisor to be a great help to me.  

HCM: What is your favorite thing about your the Justice Studies major?

BC: My favorite thing about my major is that I have always had a passion for learning about the Law; I know for a fact that my career will be in the Justice field.

HCM: Do you have a favorite class that you’ve taken?

BC: So far my favorite class I have taken has been Wrongful Conviction.

HCM: What has been your favorite part about college overall so far?

BC: My favorite part about college so far has been that I am able to learn about what I am interested in and get a career after college from it.

HCM: What are your plans after graduation?

BC: My plans after college is to continue to grow at the Firm that I am currently in while continuing my education in a masters program.

HCM: Do you have a dream job?

BC: My dream job would be to work for the legal department for CNN news.

SPEED ROUND

Words you live by? “It is not how you start, it is how you finish.”

Favorite movie? Selena

Favorite food? Pasta

Top three countries you would visit? Cuba, Columbia, & Albania

Celebrity crushes? Chris brown and The Weekend

Favorite season? Summer

Fun Fact? I love to dance

What motivates you? My four-year-old son

HCM: Who inspires you?

BC: My mom is my biggest inspiration.

HCM: What does your perfect day look like?

BC: Spending time with my son on a sunny, hot day.

HCM: What is one thing you wish people knew about you?

BC: My personality may be strong but I am a very nice and caring person.

HCM: You’re having a dinner party and can only have five people come: who do you want there and why?

BC: My boyfriend, my parents, my son and my best friend because they mean the most to me.

HCM: To wrap things up, what’s one piece of advice you have for our Montclair collegiette’s, especially our freshman starting college this year?

BC: Stay focused on what and how you want your future to turn out. Maintain your grades and do not get discouraged.

Sarah Vazquez is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. She is the current Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She is an avid concert-goer, podcast junkie, X-Files fanatic and someone who always has her nose buried deep inside a book.