Style

An Inside Look Into Meghan Markle’s Charity Clothing Line

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Meghan Markle, aka the queen of fashion, just launched her eagerly awaited clothing line and we can’t contain our excitement! The collection features five pieces that’ll benefit women at the Smart Works charity, a charity that helps women find job appropriate clothing along with job opportunities. The Duchess of Sussex began her collaboration with Smart Works in January but had to put it on hold since she went on maternity leave after having her adorable son Archie in May. Now that the collaboration is ready, let’s take a look at the collection called the “Smart Set”!

John Lewis Tote Bag, $138: This is the perfect bag for work, school or even a weekend getaway! This bag comes in both black and tan.

Marks & Spencer crepe shift dress, $32: This dress will make you look professional and feel comfortable at work. It’s also the most affordable piece in this collection! It’s available in three colors: black, rich blue and pink!

Blazer, $245: A blazer should be a staple in everyone’s wardrobe because it’s so versatile to dress up or down!

Jigsaw slim-fit trousers, $148: These trousers are perfect for looking professional and chic at work!

White button-down, $125: A white button-down is a must-have staple for any working woman’s closet. It can be worn with trousers and a blazer or can be dressed down with jeans and booties for a more casual look.

The exact shirt for this collection is sold out, so this is a similar piece!

Some of these pieces like the tote bag, have already sold out. These pieces are hot must-have items for any working woman! Although some of the prices may be high for a college student or post-grad woman to afford, the great quality of these items will last forever in the working world and will always remain staples in your wardrobe. 

Meghan has shown us that she’s redefining her role as a royal. She’s helping her fans become as fashionable and chic as she is, all while working with charities and trying to better the lives of working women. We can’t wait to see what else Meghan has in store! 

Shop the collection here! 

Tara Byrne

Montclair '21

Tara is 22 years old and a senior at Montclair State majoring in fashion studies with a minor in business. She loves keeping up with pop culture and catching up on her Youtube subscriptions. Tara mostly writes fashion, beauty, and lifestyle pieces for Her Campus. She is the current President and Co-Editor in Chief of Her Campus Montclair. In addition, she is a Co-Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Montclair.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.