This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

This article was inspired by one of my favorite artists, Frank Ocean. In his song “Nikes,” he sings, “these b*tches love Nikes, they looking for a check.” It’s me, I’m b*tches and I love Nikes. In my adolescence, I’ve for sure redefined my style from a more dressed up to casual but still put together. I’ve always been passionate about fashion but I’d say I really started exploring my love for sneakers in high school. I stopped shopping for colorways I could “wear all the time” and started thinking, “these are cool I’ll dress them up.” Street style has become bigger in recent years. Think about it, most girls are loving the biker shorts and sneakers trend, no coincidence. That’s why I’m here to show some of my favorite Nike sneakers alongside some outfit inspiration. 

Classic Cortez

To start off a list of my favorite Nikes I have to mention this classic, easy to dress-up sneaker. These are probably one of the types of sneakers I currently wear most and all because of my father. He was a Nike addict with a good collection; mostly grey and black but all classic neutral-colored sneakers, a cool ass. In high school he got me a pair of Cortez’s, Nike Classic Cortez, first released in 1971 celebrated their 45th anniversary in 2017. Bella Hadid is pictured above for Highsnobiety’s celebration of the shoe, it has come back in style majorly and can be part of your daily cute basic outfit or can be dressed up.

Jordan 1 Satin Shattered Backboard

Next time you’re going out, opt out of those annoying heels you always end up having to carry or bring extra shoes for when your feet start to hurt. Dress that outfit up with some cool as hell sneakers. These were my birthday gift to myself, orange for my Scorpio October self. 

Nike Air Max Plus OG

These are a unique colorway that can dress up any outfit. They’re the perfect pop of color for the fall.

Jordan 1 Retro High Obsidian UNC

These sneakers might just have to be my next birthday gift to myself. The colorway has some of my favorite tones. The photo above shows Nazanin Kavari via her Instagram dressed down and pretty!

Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.