This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

It’s finally that time of the year where we can pack up the winter coats and sweaters then pull out the cute floral tops and sundresses. But not only does this new weather mean a change of wardrobe it also means a change of fun things to do. Here is a list to fill your spring and summer days so you can make the most of the best time of year!

Jenkinson’s Boardwalk

At this Boardwalk located at Point Pleasant Beach in New Jersey, there are loads of fun indoor and outdoor activities. They have an aquarium, boardwalk games, arcades, mini golf, and rides. This is mainly a place for an outdoor beach day but there are some attractions if you just want to get out. And if you really want to embrace your spring fever a beach bonfire party doesn’t hurt.

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament

Let’s be real, it still rains in the springtime. For those days where it’s too gross to be outside, but you’re still jumpy from spring fever, this is a great option! This is a place that is a fun place for people of all ages. I myself have been numerous times and every time my friends and family have had a blast. It is located in Lyndhurst, NJ and you get to watch exciting jousting, thrilling sword-fighting, skillful horsemanship and beautiful falconry ignites their imaginations and transports them to medieval times. Dinner includes a spread of hearty fare, including roasted chicken, buttered corn, herbed potatoes and more.

Go for a Bike Ride

A nice easy relaxing way to spend an afternoon with family, friends or both is to go into town for a nice bike ride. Ride through the main center of town and maybe take a stop somewhere for a quick lunch or snack. Do some window shopping and just feel the sun on your face and breath in that coll spring air.

Have a Bubble Party

Tap into your eight-year-old self and grab some friends and a bunch of bubbles. Nowadays they sell all of those fun bubble machines and even scented bubbles. Just have fun in someone’s backyard, in your campus  quad, or anywhere really just having hundred of bubbling floating around while listening to some music; just don’t forget to take a bunch of pictures.

Play Card/Board games

Warm weather means barbeques and late nights around a fire pit. While you’re relaxing with family and friends, play a game! There are a bunch of adult games available such as Cards Against Humanity, Drunk Stoned or Stupid, What do You Meme, and more. The games do not have to be “adult games” but those are always fun to do with friends. For the family, you have the millions of versions of monopoly, UNO, The Game of Life, and any other new or classic ones that are available.

So grab your friends and family for a fun day out or a chill night in because spring is nature’s way of saying “Let’s Party!”

Lydia Parker is currently a Seniorr here at Montclair State studying as an English major; who is also currently getting her Masters in Education. Like any other college girl she loves going out with friends, but also just staying in and binge-watching Netflix; specifically horror or Disney movies. Writing has always been a favorite hobby of hers, she even enjoys writing essays for school. I know, crazy right? Anyways, she's really excited to be writing for this magazine, and being another outlet for the powerful voices that women have.
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.