This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

When it comes to Black Friday, things can definitely get a little hectic! I remember the first time I went Black Friday shopping years ago—treating it like any other shopping trip, I found myself unprepared and slightly overwhelmed. Luckily over the past few years, my friends and I have learned some ways to handle Black Friday like a pro.   

1. Have a Plan

Make sure you have a set plan for the day: who’s coming, how early you want to get there, what stores you want to go to, etc. Black Friday is by far the busiest shopping day of the year. Make a plan and don’t get caught up in the shuffle!

2. Create a List and Set a Price

Before you go out, make a list of specific things you need—even if it’s just a mental list! Think about the things you actually want to get and see if you can research the best deal and where to find it. It might also be beneficial to set a price limit as well. It’s so easy for the money to start adding up when you think you’re getting great deals— you could end up leaving with more than you wanted to spend!

3. Eat

Don’t forget to eat! With how busy this day has the potential to get, it’s actually really easy to forget to make time to eat! You want to be energized throughout the day, so make sure to pack some snacks or grab something while you’re out.

4. Dress Comfy

Black Friday shopping is definitely not the time to show off your best outfits. It’s a long day and you’re going to want to be comfortable! Wear clothes that you can easily move around in and shoes that will give your feet the comfort they need for hours of walking and standing in long lines!

Bella is a Senior at Montclair State University studying Communications and Media Arts with a minor in Business. She is currently the Senior Editor as well as contributing writer for Her Campus Montclair and is very excited to take on the role of Vice President and Co-Editor in Chief for the spring '21 semester. 
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.