Style

How to Dress like a Rich Girl Without Blowing Your Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Just because you don’t have extra cash to splurge on high-end brands doesn’t mean that luxury items are out of reach. If you’re looking to add some statement names to your wardrobe (without having to stress over your next bank statement), check out these retailers to find some marked down designer gems.

Fox’s

With locations all over New York and three stores in New Jersey, Fox’s is your go-to for high quality merchandise at discounted prices. Fox’s carries hundreds of designer brands including Vera Wang, Tommy Hilfiger, Free People, Lucky Brand and Michael Kors to name just a few. From the moment you walk in the store, you know you’ve discovered something special. After shopping at the Ridgewood location, I was mesmerized by the beautiful displays and affordable price tags. Fox’s carries a vast amount of on-trend clothing and boasts an extensive accessories collection. Unlike many large discounted retailers at the mall, Fox’s provides an excellent shopping experience because the store has a boutique vibe and is kept in pristine condition.

DePop

For the vintage lover looking to snag deals online, download the DePop app. Just like Ebay, DePop is used to buy and sell used clothing. If you’re looking for specific designers, you can search directly for them which makes shopping very convenient. You can also follow specific users if you like their style and merchandise. In my searches on DePop, I came across the account @yikesvintage and I think that their clothing is super unique. The process of finding clothes on DePop is definitely a little different than your basic online shopping, but there is no shortage of good deals for what you will find!

T.J. Maxx

There are always amazing deals to be found at your local T.J. Maxx! If you’re looking to transform your wardrobe and need to buy lots of clothes for less money, T.J. Maxx is the place to shop. You are guaranteed to find a stylish mix of basics, statement pieces, shoes and accessories. Even on a hit-or-miss day, you will still probably find a cute designer bag or some discounted beauty products to test out.

Plato’s Closet

Not quite your average thrift store, Plato’s Closet is a used clothing store that carries brands you would find at the mall. Boasting pieces from American Eagle, Lululemon and Levi’s, you could walk out of the store with tons of practically new outfits for half of what they would have cost! Like DePop, Plato’s Closet allows you to both buy and sell clothes. It’s a win-win because you can bring some of your gently used clothes and shop for new ones, so you’re practically adding pieces to your wardrobe for free.

Christina Giordano is a Sophomore at Montclair State University, majoring in English and Communications. She is the Co-Events Director at Her Campus Montclair and has a passion for writing and media. She has an affinity for anything with glitter on it and thoroughly enjoys a good shopping trip.
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.