emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Holiday Gifts – ALL Under $100

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

As you collegiettes know, we live on a college budget. We definitely don’t have the kind of money to spend hundreds of dollars on Christmas gifts for our family members and friends. I always say, “It’s the thought that counts.” Don’t worry about how much money you’re spending because just as long you give it a lot of thought and put your heart and soul into it, that person will absolutely treasure it! Here are a few gift ideas I compiled for your mom, dad, brother, sister, boyfriend, and finally best friend.

Mom – Whether your mom is a coffee drinker or a tea drinker, she would definitely appreciate this “Hometown Monogram Mug” from Anthropologie for only $8. You can stuff it with some of her favorite tea bags or a bag of her favorite coffee blend like Starbucks (From $11.95-$14.95) or Dunkin Donuts (From $5.99-$8.99). Then take some clear cellophane wrapping paper and ribbon. Wrap it up and tie it with the ribbon. Voila! The perfect gift for mom. Is your mom a businesswoman or a stay-at-home mom who always has things to do? If so, here’s another possible gift idea! Check out this Galison Mouse Pad for only $6. You can tear off sheets to keep your to-do lists right on track.

Dad – Is your dad a tech guy? If he has an iPad or iPhone you can get him a cool case for it. Does he like to grill and barbeque? These $20 Ultimate Flashlight Grill Tongs are pretty awesome when grilling at night. Does he love his whiskey every now and then? These Whiskey Stones Beverage Cubes would be perfect for him then! They are 9 for $20.

Sister – No matter how old your sister is, she must love nail polish and makeup. So put together a little package of beauty essentials. Go to your nearest drugstore or beauty store such as Sephora, Ulta, Sally Beauty, etc. I found some great deals at Ulta. They have some stuff that are Buy 1 get 1 50% off. There are always coupons online that you can use in store as well. NYX Cosmetics (sold at Ulta, Harmon, & Sears) is a great and cheap cosmetic line to look at. When you walk into one of these stores look for a nail polish that is her favorite color to wear, a lip-gloss or lipstickeye shadoweyeliner, and mascara. Wrap them up in a cellophane bag and tie it up with ribbon. The most you’ll probably spend is $25. Remember you can choose to leave some stuff out or look into getting a value kit or face palette. If your sister is a big Kardashian fan look into the Kardashia Sisters’ makeup line Khroma. Kim and Khloe each have afabulous face palette named after them for $12.99. Here’s another idea: does your sister like to bake? At Williams-Sonoma you can get her Sprinkles cupcake mix for $15. This cute Trinket Dish from Francesca’s Collection is a very sweet gift and it’s only $10.

Brother – Your brother probably loves music. Who doesn’t? So, how about a set of cool headphones? I found a sweet set by Skullcandy at Tilly’s for $14.99 or Best Buy for $18.99. Skullycandy also has an NBA headphone collection. If your brother is a huge NBA fan, get him headphones with his favorite team logo ($15-$36). Along with that you can give him a $10 iTunes gift card.

Boyfriend – Is your boyfriend always on the go and a maybe a health nut? Check out this Refillable Water Bottle with Built-In Filter for only $10. It’s affordable and eco-friendly. He can use it while working out or running errands. You gotta stay hydrated throughout the day! You can also give him a framed picture of the two of you just to add a little something to the gift. Also, if he’s a wine or beer drinker check out these two gift ideas. This Wine Monkey Caddy is funny and if your man is silly I’m sure he’d love it. It’s only $12. Have your guy be prepared for any party with this Keychain Bottle Opener also $12.

Best Friend ­– Candles! They smell so beautiful and put you at such ease. With all the stress your best friend is going through with school, work, and other personal things she would probably appreciate a candle that would sooth her. Bath and Body Works has a great selection of candles and my personal favorite is Leaves. The small candles range from $9.50-$10.00. Since it’s getting colder out there our skin tends to get a bit dry. So an addition to the candled, a hand or body cream would complete the gift. Hand creams at Bath and Body Works range from $4-$18.50. Body creams range from $12.50-$20. If she likes to read, get her a good book to read over the holiday break. Check out Anthropoligie’s books. They have everything from cookbooks, travel books, to books like Little Women, Sense & Sensibility, Pride & Prejudice, etc. College is when all the fun, crazy things happen. Why not remember those times and get your friend this cool Catchphrase Photo Album from Urbanoutfitters for $24. 

Photo Sources:

1, 2

I'm an eternal optimist, aspiring PR girl, fashionsta and friend. I love my position at Her Campus Montclair. Being Editor-in-Chief has taught me how to manage time, be creative with content, and most of all, how to be an effective leader. I'm currently the social media manager at the New Yorker Hotel and Manhattan Center in NYC. When I was the social media director for HC Montclair, I learned just how incredible being connected with the world could be for any business. Social media has become a part of almost everyone's life. I adore it for all it can do and hope to one day own a social media consulting firm that can go into struggling businesses or start up businesses and help them out.