Style

Here’s What’s Trending This Spring According to These Fashion Influencers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Now is the time where we say goodbye to heavy winter coats and boots and hello to skirts and sandals! As we transition into spring, you’ll notice tons of fashion bloggers and influencers sharing their favorite pieces for the spring season. I’m going to share a few common trends I’ve noticed that we’ll see a lot of during this time!

Pretty Pastels

Spring is the perfect time to whip out your favorite pastel pieces. From blazers to handbags, pastels just scream SPRING! Specifically colors purple, mint and yellow have been the most popular pastels that have been trending so far. They’re perfect to wear for Easter and are great to introduce a pop of color into your wardrobe after the long, cold, winter months. Jersey City fashion blogger @caitlynwarakomski is the best at styling pastels. I love her style and the way she puts outfits together!

Tie-Dye

This trend has already surfaced all throughout social media but I think it’ll be extremely popular all throughout spring and summer! A cute, matching, tie-dye sweatsuit is a great transitional piece for the upcoming season. Mix and match it with t-shirts, tanks or denim shorts for more versatile looks! This is a super easy trend to DIY. It’s not only easy but will give you something fun to do during quarantine. Montclair fashion influencer @vivianeaudi styles tie dye sets perfectly!

Cropped Cardigans

This cute and dainty garment is absolutely adorable and perfect for spring! It’s another great transitional piece and can be worn so many different ways. Pair them with a pair of denim shorts for a casual look or over a mini dress for a girlier look. They come in so many different colors and styles. I love the ones from Frankie Phoenix but you can probably also find something similar at your local thrift store! 

Claw Clips

This 90s inspired hair look has recently resurfaced. Claw clips make it so quick and easy to throw your hair up on a hot day or if you just want to get it out of your face. I remember my mom used to put my hair up in claw clips when I was little! Claw clips can be found literally anywhere but if you want a cuter and more decorative looking clip, you can check out stores like Forever 21, H&M, Target, etc. I love the way @cerecampbell styles the claw clip hair trend. You can see all the different looks that can be worn with this hair trend on her feed!

Alexa Rae is a Jersey girl with a passion for fashion. She is a Montclair State University alumna with a BA degree in Fashion Studies and minor in Fashion Merchandising. Alexa was a writer for HCM for 4 years, having concentrated on fashion and lifestyle related articles. Her future career goal is to have her own successful fashion brand.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.