HCM’s Favorite Winter Accessories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Winter is all about staying warm but that doesn’t mean that we can’t do it in style! It’s not too late to perfect your winter wardrobe and add some chic flares to your look every day. These items will inspire you to look your best – even in the harsh winter weather.

1. The perfect boots. No girl can get through the colder months without a pair of perfect brown boots. This pair, from Steve Madden, was the perfect addition to my closet with their lace-up back and tiny gold embellishments. 

2. A personalized beanie. Whether you like them frilled and bedazzled or slouchy and loose, a beanie can be one of the best winter items. Not only do they keep you super warm while out in the snow but also seriously let your personality shine through them! 

3. A stylish scarf. We know that you probably already own tons of these (we know we do!) but a stylish scarf can bring a lot more to your outfit than you may think! You can complete a look by throwing on a scarf, while also staying warm in the winter.

4. An adorable ear warmer headband. If it’s not quite cold enough for a beanie (or you’re just having a really great hair day) then the ear-warming headband is a perfect option! There are so many varieties to this useful accessory and it is sure to dress up any outfit. Find one garnished with sparkles or bows, or opt for a simpler version like these knit and knotted ones that HCM just loves!

5. Cute and functional gloves. Keep your hands warm and protected from the cold, skin damaging wind with a pair of gloves that were just made for you. Whether you prefer mittens, knit, leather, or anything else imaginable, you’re guaranteed to find the perfect pair for you. HCM loves this pair that has a little bit of everything.

What are your favorite winter accessories?

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

My name is Kelly, I'm a senior at Montclair State. I'm an English major with a minor in journalism.