Style

HCM Fashion Police: People’s Choice Awards Red Carpet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

It’s time to kick off this year’s round of award show fashion reviews! Let’s take a look at some the People’s Choice Awards red carpet looks.

Trends of the Night

Minimalistic in Monochromatic

Whether it was Mila Kunis in her classy little black dress, Betty Gilpin in too much red (not loving the baggy sleeves), Emeraude Toubia’s pretty orangish-peach asymmetrical maxi dress or any other color you can think of (lots of green too!), one major style of the night was wearing a dress in one color without any additional embellishments, patterns or accessories. Although no one can go wrong with keeping it simple, I would’ve liked to have seen some more pizazz!

Feathers/fringe

This bold trend was a great contrast from all the understated outfits but can be risky to get quite right. While Susan Kelechi Watson slayed in her feathery Georges Chakra mini-dress, Danai Gurira’s Brock Collection dress had a bit too much going on.

Best Dressed: Jeannie Mai

Jeannie killed it tonight from head to toe! Those statement pants are my newest obsession and somehow manage to catch your eye without coming off as extra. The semi-sheer black top makes the pants pop and adds some solidity to such a flashy look. The black boots, rings and perfectly structured high ponytail are just the perfect touches!

Worst dressed: Pom Klementieff

This pantsuit uses every trend in the worst possible way! The emerald green, the shiny texture, the green on green… it looks more reptile than fashionable! Pom is so beautiful and has great hair and makeup, but this outfit is nowhere near red-carpet appropriate.

Honorary Awards:

Cutest Couple: Terry Crews and Rebecca King-Crews

They were just too cute in their matching navy-blue outfits! Their charming interview was definitely a highlight on the red carpet.

Homecoming Queen: Aly Raisman

In her extremely youthful, sparkly bodycon mini-dress and strappy heels, Aly looks more like she is heading off to win her crown at the homecoming dance than to win a People’s Choice Award!

Zoe Nolz

Montclair '21

Zoe is a student at Montclair State University. She is the current Fashion and Beauty Editor for Her Campus Montclair. When she is not in class or doing work, you can catch her hanging with friends, shopping, writing, watching movies, drinking smoothies, just chilling or off on an adventure!
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.