This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

We all have bad hair days where we just can’t seem to figure out how to fix what’s going on with our hair. A great way to fix the problem is to use hair accessories. Many of the ones people used to wear in the early 2000s are back. These few can help you make your hair look good and make you feel ready to go out. 

Wear a headband like you’re from the Upper East Side.

That’s right Gossip Girl fans, headbands are back and being sold in many stores! There are many options to choose from whether you want a flat one or one that’s a little bulkier. You can also get a velvet one or one that comes with pearls or a knot on the top, or just a regular but iconic headband. If you want to have a Blair Waldorf moment, go out and buy one.

Hold your hair up with a scrunchie.

Scrunchies have been back for a while but they’re still very big. They look very cute in a ponytail and don’t leave a mark in your hair when you take them out. They also won’t leave an indentation on your wrist when you have one on in case you need to put your hair up which most girls do all the time.

Dress up your hair with a hair scarf.

Hair scarves are an adorable way to hold your hair up! They work for ponytails, half up half down styles or even buns and not only add something to your hair but can be a stylish accessory for an outfit.

Accessorize with big hair clips.

Most girls wore hair clips when they were little, but now you can wear them again and join the trend! Hair clips can be helpful when holding your hair back and out of your face but the ones this big are mostly used to add some sparkle or style to your outfit. People wear them with their hair down or up in a ponytail and they look good either way. They’re a simple accessory but can really add something to your finished look.

These accessories can help your hair look nice and put together very easily. They’re also not expensive and can pull your outfit together! A good hair day can boost your self-confidence and put you in a good mood so be sure to accessorize it the way you like it.

Shannon Egan

Montclair '22

Shannon is a Senior at Montclair State University majoring in Fashion studies. When she’s not in class or doing her assignments she can be seen styling new outfits, watching Netflix, practicing makeup looks, or hanging out with friends. She will be focusing on writing about fashion and beauty and is excited to share her knowledge on it.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.