This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Spring has sprung in New Jersey! The snow has melted, and the birds are chirping. So, what better way to kick off this beautiful change of seasons than by saying “thank you for all the beautiful things you bring.” From the tiny dewdrops in the morning to the warm, graceful breeze that flows through my hair. Out pandemic and welcome warm, wonderful spring. I’m grateful for:

The sun:

The sun brings so much happiness and energy into my life. You make me want to run outside and play among the woods and soak up your vitamin D. Your touch makes my goosebumps appear out of joy, knowing that the colds days have passed and a bright and excellent future is on the horizon. 

Baby lambs:

After, every winter I know where baby lambs are born by my house. Each year I visit the farm by house and frolic about the pasture with the herd. I’ve had the honor a few times when an ewe abandoned her lamb to help nurse the lamb until it could eat grain. I’ve even had the privilege to name some of the lambs on the farm. One year I named one of the lambs Spot Nickel because the lamb had a spot on his back and I thought I was the cutest baby lamb in the world. 

Fairy gardens:

Oh, fairies, where are you in my garden? You’re one of the most magical activities I do during the springtime with my mother. As we plant flowers, we set up little benches and houses for fairies among the flower beds and pots. You mystical creatures that visit every year make my back patio more relaxing and magical to be in. 

Spring holidays: 

Ah, the spring holidays, what a wonderful time! We celebrate you: St. Patrick’s Day, Passover, Easter, Mother’s Day, Cinco De Mayo and so many more. My two favorite holidays of yours are Easter and my birthday! I love Easter; you represent rebirth and regeneration, which is spiritual and upbringing to one’s soul. I also love you- my birthday: the day of which I was born on this glorious earth to shed my light upon the world. 

Grass and moss: 

Grass and moss make the world more colorful. The signifying clue that spring has truly sprung. You cover my lawn so soft to lay on and run around barefoot. You’re also the breeding grounds for the many critters of nature, such as rabbits and deer. 

Hanging out by the river: 

Oh, winter, your ice has thawed and you’ve been replaced with invigorating, rushing water! Oh, river in the woods, I love to visit and sit on the bridge and hang my feet over you. I even wade in you from time to time and clean any debris so that you can flow free. River, you’re one of the most peaceful places I go to relax and escape the noisy world I live in. Be still water, hello sun and wildlife, in peace and love we go.

Holley is currently a senior at Montclair State University; she majors in English and minors in Business. Her wish is to pursue a career in music marketing. Holley thinks writing is a way to heal oneself and inspire others. Besides writing, she likes catching up on social media and reading graphic novels.
Tara Byrne

Montclair '21

Tara is 22 years old and a senior at Montclair State majoring in fashion studies with a minor in business. She loves keeping up with pop culture and catching up on her Youtube subscriptions. Tara mostly writes fashion, beauty, and lifestyle pieces for Her Campus. She is the current President and Co-Editor in Chief of Her Campus Montclair. In addition, she is a Co-Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Montclair.