Get to Know: Nicole Abdallah!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Nicole Abdallah

Year: Senior

Major: Biology and Psychology, minor: Arabic and Cognitive Science

Hometown: West Milford, NJ

On Campus Involvement: Phi Sigma Sigma, Biology club

Favorite Quote: “Enjoy life today, yesterday is gone, and tomorrow may never come.”

HCM: Why did you join Greek life?

NA: Being a commuter, I was used to just going to class and going home. I wanted to have something that tied me to this school. I wanted to get more involved, make new friends, network, and make more of my college experience.

HCM: Do you find it hard to manage Greek life and a double major?

NA: I have a very challenging course load, I usually take 17-18 credits per semester, and I work around 30-35 hours a week. You make time for things that are important to you, so I think that if you are dedicated enough to Greek life that you can make it work no matter what your circumstance. If there are events that I cannot attend because of class or work, my sisters understand. School is my top priority, work is just work, and Greek life is my the time I get to relax and enjoy time with my sisters and give back to the community.

HCM: What is your favorite part of being involved in Greek life?

NA: I love walking into a room, and always having a friend. Through Greek life, I have had the opportunity to meet so many amazing people in all different organizations, and even if I do not personally know someone but we see each other’s letters, we always exchange a smile or a wave. Greek life has also brought me out of my comfort zone, and helped me to be more confident than ever. I am not afraid to speak up or share an idea, and I know that I have a whole community that will support me.

HCM: Who is your role model? Why?

NA: As cheesy as it sounds, my Big would have to be one of my biggest role models at this point in my life. She graduated last year, and has since been selected to be the assistant to the Greek life advisor on campus. She manages to work full time, sometimes even more, while still keeping her grades up and being a dedicated Graduate student. No matter how busy she is, she always finds time to help and support those around her. She always encourages me to aim high.

HCM: Why did you come to Montclair state?

NA: I was accepted to many schools, both in state and out of state. It came down to three schools, one was a private school in Massachusetts that unfortunately was not an option due to financial reasons. The second was in Maine, but being the homebody that I am, I could not leave my family and go so far away. MSU was close, affordable, and I fell in love with the beautiful campus. 

Just your normal freshmen student at Montclair State University who studies english/ communications and has a serious love for puppies and pumpkin spice coffee.