Get to Know: Lenaya Ford

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: Lenaya Solana Ford

Year: Junior

Age: 20

Major: Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing including Sports Event and Tourism Marketing

Hometown: Ewing, New Jersey

Clubs: Vice President of Fashion Club

HCM: What’s your favorite thing about Montclair as a school and as an area?

LSF: I love Montclair because it’s so close to New York, and that’s a place I love to go. What’s not to love about New York? In the area, I love going to Toast. They have the best breakfast ever, and I don’t even like eating breakfast. If I have to go for breakfast somewhere, that’s the place!

HCM: What made you choose your major?

LSF: I went to Johnson & Johnson for their summer program. This girl said she was a part of their marketing team and that she travels all over. I thought that was such an exciting thing to do because I love to travel. I also like advertisements and PR as well as the research part of all that.

HCM: What’s has been a favorite class you’ve taken?

LSF: French! I went to Paris about 5 years ago and I just love the language. It’s romantic and it’s such a fluid way of speaking. I just love how everything is in France. Plus, French is the second leading language in business according to my international marketing teacher.

HCM: What has been your proudest moment in college so far?

LSF: Doing the Disney College Program! I learned a lot about myself and that I could be an independent person without having to rely on someone else. Also, I made so many life long friends.

HCM: What’s your favorite outfit to wear?

LSF: I love my clothes! I have this burgundy t-shirt dress and an army jacket, I love to wear it with converse. It’s so comfortable, I feel like I can do whatever in it and I’m just being me.

HCM: Do you have a favorite quote?

LSF: “Live life with no regrets.” It’s tattooed on my back!

HCM: If you could pick anyone to meet and have lunch with, alive or dead, who would it be?

LSF: My grandpa because he lived through so much. He fought in the war and I never got a chance to ask him questions about himself.

HCM: Any plans for Halloween?

LSF: I’m going to a party. I may be an army brat.

HCM: Who do you look up to?

LSF: My parents, because they’ve shown me the way in life and they’re always telling me to stay positive. They tell me not to care about the opinions of others, even theirs, because they want me to believe in myself and feel confident in who I am as a person.

HCM: If you could drop everything and go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?

LSF: Hawaii. It’s one of my favorite places to be. It’s so relaxing, and there’s a no-worries kind of lifestyle there and you feel like everything’s going to go well.

HCM: What do you hope to do when you graduate?

LSF: My number one goal is to work at Marriott Hotel & Resort so I can travel and be in charge of marketing and events.

HCM: Any advice for Her Campus readers?

LSF: Live your best life and live your dream. Make choices that you’re going to be happy with. Be random sometimes and do what makes you happy because more than half the people in the world, you’re not going to see for the rest of your life. I also want to add that some friends are just there for a season, but they’re always there for a reason.

Lightning Round!

Favorite Song: Poison by Bell Biv Devoe

TV Show: Cutthroat Kitchen

Movie: Deliver Us From Eva

Book: The Book Thief

Band/Artist: Rihanna

Food: Soul Food – Mac & Cheese

Beverage: Strawberry Lemonade

Place to Be: London

Color: Blue

Celebrity Crush: Rihanna

Hidden Talent: Tennis

Ciarra is a senior fashion student with a penchant for style and technology. She can never say no to a cup of tea and a good book. In her spare time, she enjoys cupcakes, writing, and 3D printing. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter @lefthvnded
Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.