Get to Know: Jessica Junqua!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

This week’s edition of Campus Celebrity puts the spotlight on Jessica Junqua; a freshman who has aced her first year at MSU by taking on some pretty stellar positions. Get to know Jessica! 

Name: Jessica Junqua 
Year: Freshman
Major: Communication and Media Arts
Hometown: East Brunswick, NJ
Quote to live by: “Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done,” -John Patrick Shanley

HCM: What clubs or organizations are you a part of on campus? 
JJ: I’m an Admissions Ambassadors as well as a member of Players and Treasurer of Alliance for Women in Media.

HCM: What has been your most memorable moment as a freshman at MSU?
JJ: Getting a callback for the lead role in the Players club’s musical. 

HCM: What has been the toughest part about adjusting to college life? How did you handle it? 
JJ: The toughest part was getting used to the larger course-load and extra homework/assignments. It was hard in the beginning, but organizing yourself and setting time to work on your homework has helped me handle it. 

HCM: What’s your favorite spot on campus? 
JJ: My favorite spot is Au Bon Pain/Cafe Diem.

HCM: When it comes to food, what’s your guilty pleasure? 
JJ: Chocolate! Or Macaroni and Cheese. 

HCM: What music are you currently listening to? 
JJ: Showtunes, especially the Broadway musical Hamilton’s soundtrack. It is so gorgeous! 

HCM: What do you hope is in store for your second year at MSU? 
JJ: I am excited for my second year as an Ambassador where I can mentee a newbie Ambassador! I’m also excited to audition for more shows on campus.

HCM: What advice do you have for incoming freshmen? 
JJ: Have fun! Try everything that MSU has to offer. Join a club, get involved, make friends. It truly is “all here”. :)

Deckonti

Montclair

I am the sixth Spice Girl that history fails to mention. When I'm not exploring the city or knocking back green smoothies, I'm working on my web series and binge watching Saved by the Bell, Boy Meets World, the Golden Girls, and Will and Grace.