Galentine’s Day Ideas For You & Your Gal Pals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

If you’re a fan of the show Parks and Recreation, then you know that the day before Valentine’s Day, February 13, is Galentine’s Day! It’s a day for ladies to celebrate their platonic love for their lady friends. Whether you’re single or not this February, take some time to show appreciation for your best gal pals, and spend some quality time together. Going on dates with your boo is fun and all, but sometimes you just need a night to spend with the girls. Here are some fun ways for you and your friends to spend Galentine’s Day this year. Whether you’re looking for a wild night out or a laid back one, I’m sure you’ll find something that suits your girl gang’s style!

1. Go to Brunch!

Because who doesn’t love a good brunch? Especially if it includes bottomless mimosas! And you can’t forget the Bloody Marys either! I’m not sure whether it’s the champagne flutes or the flower centerpieces, but there’s something about Brunch that makes you feel so sophisticated, it’s almost like you’re living in an episode of Sex and the City. Enjoy the day by drinking, eating eggs and French Toast, and gossiping with your girls. 

2. Go Out for Karaoke!

Karaoke night is one of my favorite activities to do with friends because it’s fun and affordable. Spend the night with your besties embracing your inner divas, by dancing and belting it out to some of your favorite songs. My friends and I tried this out a few years ago and we loved it. We each paid around $10 for a few hours, and the place was BYOB, so we were able to bring our own food and drinks, and decorate the room. 

3. Go to a Spa or Host Your Own Spa Day From Home!

Book an appointment at your local spa for you and your girls to sit back and relax while enjoying massages and facials. Or if you’re balling on a budget like I am, host your own spa day at your house! You can find a bunch of DIY recipes for hair and face masks, and facial scrubs online. You can even give each other massages and mani and pedis.

4. Paint & Sip

Spend the night relaxing with your besties by sipping some wine, eating cheese and crackers (or whatever snacks you want), and painting. Whether you’re artistic or not, paint and sips are fun and soothing. The artists show you how to make the paintings, step by step, so there’s no need to worry. By the end of the night, you’ll get a good laugh from looking at everyone’s end results. Again, if you’re balling on a budget this is something you can easily do at your own home as well. All you need to do is have everyone bring wine and snacks, and then buy some paint, brushes, and canvases. 

5. Take a Class Together!

There are so many great deals and groupons out there that make taking classes with a group affordable. Try taking a cooking class, fitness class, dance class, or whatever cool ones you can find online together. Share new and fun experiences with your girls!

6. Have A Movie and Wine Night At Home!

You can never go wrong with a movie and wine night. Order some take out, drink some wine, throw on some jammies, and sit and enjoy a good rom-com with your girls.

7. Wine-Tasting

If you and your girls are wine lovers, then plan to visit your favorite winery. This is another activity that will have you all feeling super sophisticated. Some wineries even have Galentine’s Day deals with tickets as low as $20!

8. Host a Slumber Party!

Sometimes a good old-fashioned slumber party is all you need to have a good time. Throw on some jammies, order pizza, and spend the night unwinding with your besties. The best part about is you can do a lot of the activities I mentioned before during the slumber party.

Women using gameboy together
Pexels / Aline Viana Prado

Meagan Morillo

Montclair '20

Meagan Morillo is a senior at Montclair State majoring in english with a double minor in film and journalism. When she isn't writing, you can find Meagan making spotify playlists or at a concert or music festival.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.