Style

Five Loungewear Ideas to Make the Best Out of Staying At Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

By now, loungewear has completely dominated our closets. Sweats, joggers, leggings and sweatshirts have all replaced the majority of our regular “going out” clothes. As someone who has always loved loungewear, sometimes it can just feel so repetitive and boring these days. It also tends to make us feel less productive when lounging in the same sweats all day, every day. Here are some ways you can easily spice up your loungewear to make the best out of staying at home.

Jewelry 

This is a big one for me. I love accessorizing and actually have found myself putting jewelry on more now than ever. Just because we’re staying at home doesn’t mean we can’t still feel and look cute and put together. When you’re getting dressed in the morning, throw on a pair of hoops or your favorite necklace with your loungewear. It can easily turn a boring outfit into something a little more exciting.

Co-ords

Matching sets are great when you want to feel put together! There’s just something so satisfying about matching two pieces of clothing together. Matching sets have been so trendy since the beginning of the pandemic and have now become wardrobe staples.

Bold Prints

Try incorporating some prints into your loungewear. Loud and bold prints can easily make your stay-at-home outfit seem more fun and exciting!

Makeup 

Who needs a reason to put on makeup anymore? Nowadays, there are no rules when it comes to getting dressed anymore. Whether it’s a no-makeup makeup look or a full beat, putting on makeup never fails to make us feel confident and put together.

Hairstyles

While it’s easy to throw our hair in a messy bun and call it a day, sometimes it’s best to take the time to do our hair in the morning. If you’re in a funk or feeling unproductive, a neat and styled hair-do will help boost your mood. It can be the simplest of hairstyles, like a ponytail or even just brushing out your hair. If you want to push it a step further, add a hair accessory!

Alexa Rae is a Jersey girl with a passion for fashion. She is a Montclair State University alumna with a BA degree in Fashion Studies and minor in Fashion Merchandising. Alexa was a writer for HCM for 4 years, having concentrated on fashion and lifestyle related articles. Her future career goal is to have her own successful fashion brand.
Bella is a Senior at Montclair State University studying Communications and Media Arts with a minor in Business. She is currently the Senior Editor as well as contributing writer for Her Campus Montclair and is very excited to take on the role of Vice President and Co-Editor in Chief for the spring '21 semester.