Style

Every Winter Fashion Staple You Need to Add to Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Winter is slowly approaching which means it’s officially, in my opinion, the best time of the year for fashion. Lots of layers, boots, fun accessories, and big coats, what’s better than that? 

Winter fashion trends tend to repeat themselves, and this year some of the same staple pieces you saw last year will most definitely be back, which isn’t a bad thing.

Image by Kelani Anastasi

Fuzzy Jackets

You saw them last year, you’re seeing them again this year. Who wouldn’t want to bundle up in one of these? They’re popular for a reason: they’re stylish as well as comfortable. 

Image by Kelani Anastasi

Image by Kelani Anastasi

Extra Long-Sleeved Tops

Oversized looks are still in style and they’re perfect for the holidays.

Image by Kelani Anastasi

Puffer Coats

Puffer coats are the new black this season. You will be seeing this EVERYWHERE. Since the oversized look is so hot right now, these are so cozy and are guaranteed to keep you warm. I got this one at H&M for only $39.99!

Image by Kelani Anastasi

Turtlenecks (undershirts & dresses)

I love the classy look of a turtleneck, but then completely dressing it down by wearing it underneath a T-shirt for extra warmth. The layered look of this makes it look like you put in a lot more effort than you actually did!

Image by Kelani Anastasi

Oversized T-shirts

These are the BEST! Everyone needs a few oversized tees in their life. Urban Outfitters has the coolest tees in a wide variety from bands and rappers. If you’re looking for tees on a budget, I highly recommend checking out thrift stores like Plato’s Closet or Goodwill where you can get a bunch of them for only a few dollars.

Image by Kelani Anastasi

Kelani Anastasi

Montclair '20

Hi everyone! My name is Kelani and I am a Senior at Montclair State University. I am a Television & Digital Media Major with a concentration in TV Production. I have big dreams to be successful but for right now I am making YouTube videos about all things fashion, beauty, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.