Essentials That Will Help You Survive the Semester

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Some semesters are better than others but when it comes down to it college is filled with stress, stress, oh and stress. Between the lack of time for self-pampering and trying to figure out how to stay organized, sometimes we just need those essentials to help us get through it. Well, we have some things to share to help ease the struggle.

Keep that Summer Glow Year-Round

It’s easy to miss soaking up those rays by the pool but at least you can still achieve that summer glow year-round. Sublime Bronze by L’Oréal Paris is a great self-tanning line that will keep you tan and hydrated minus the lengthy period of time it takes to get a suntan (we know we don’t have time for that). Choose between the Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes or Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Salon Airbrush Mist to achieve your sun-kissed look. Maintain a moisturized glow with Hydra Genius, a lightweight moisturizer that quickly absorbs.  

Rock Your Do

Avoid those bad hair days with products that will keep you put together. Bed Head by TIGI has a range of products that will keep your hair lookin’ fine in no time. Keep it fresh around the clock with Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo or Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo. On top of that, outlast the day with Masterpiece Shine Hairspray or Hard Head Hairspray. You’ll be rocking your look all semester long.

De-Stress Your Skin

You may be stressed but your skin doesn’t have to be. Freeman Beauty has a range of face masks that will pamper your skin and help you take better care of yourself. Between Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay MaskManuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask + Cleanser or the Detoxifying Charcoal + Black Sugar Mud Mask – you’ll remember why spa time is an important time. Take a moment to pause and give yourself the care you deserve. 

Keep it Clean

From visiting friends at other schools to sleeping in your friend’s dorm to spending the weekend back home – you may be constantly on the go. A handy little thing to have with your toiletries is the Steripod Clip-On Toothbrush ProtectorSteripod releases active vapors that keeps your toothbrush completely clean and protected from outside germs. With how busy the semester is, it’s important that you keep your environment sanitary and bacteria free!

Stay Stylish

Adding accessories to an outfit can really change your game. They make it easy to stay stylish and put together. Aéropostale has awesome accessories to compliment any wardrobe. Aéropostale denim is another great addition to a simple yet stylish closet. Jeans are great because you can dress them up or dress them down which is perfect for helping those morning routines be more stress-free.

Be Organized and Motivated

The main key to surviving the semester is by keeping yourself organized and motivated. The Erin Condren Hardbound Life Planner is the perfect tool to help you achieve your greatness. Not only is it beautiful on the outside but the inside is equipped with pages that will keep you on track for a full 18-months (July 2017 – December 2018). ErinCondren.com has a bunch of other great supplies to keep you in the groove. Use the code HERCAMPUS15 for 15% off your order!

Hydrate and Refresh

Have a fun and healthy go-to drink this semester with Spindrift Sparkling Water. It’s literally just sparkling water made with real squeezed fruit. From flavors like Strawberry and Orange Mango, you’ll feel fun and fresh with these fizzy beverages. 

Indulge

With how hectic the semester can get, it’s nice to indulge here and there… it really keeps you sane. HI-CHEW Candy is a good quick pick-me-up to satisfy those urges for sweetness. There are many flavors to choose from: grape, cherry, banana, strawberry, mango, green apple, and kiwi. What makes this indulgement even better is that HI-CHEW is made from real fruit juice so you’re really splurging on the good stuff. 

Utilize these eight essentials. And remember – you got this!

Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.