Dress for Success: 4 Outfits for the Successful Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

You’ve graduated and landed your dream job, congratulations! Now what? You need to dress the part! It can be hard from going casual all the time to a more formal dress code. The way you dress depends on the job or career path you have taken. Most office’s allow Business Casual or a Chic Casual style and on Friday’s it’s Casual. You won’t be able to get away with just wearing jeans, you’ll have to pair those jeans with boots or some heels to make them look appropriate. Need some help? Here’s four outfits that can inspire you to dress the part! You need to look polished and professional.Add pops of color to your outfit with a dress and let the rest be neutrals such as outfit 1. Drape a cardigan on top and you are ready to head off to work. You will look sophisticated and put together without trying too hard.

Pops of color in the form of accessories is another way to go. In outfit 2, mint is taking an otherwise boring, monochromatic outfit and adding interest. You can never go wrong with a black pair of pants so be sure to invest in several pairs. The belted but flowy blouse allows a touch of femininity and is comfortable enough if you have to run about. The flats are an added bonus if you can’t handle the height of heels. Despite the pressure of society for women to wear heels, flats are the best way to go if you are on your feet all day!

A flirty skirt and collared blouse combo makes for a demure and simple outfit. Tuck in the blouse and use a belt so you can make a cute outfit. Add a big tote and some simple gold jewelry for another put together look if color isn’t your favorite. 

A white dress is a blank canvas. Go crazy! You can add printed shoes or a printed bag to add a flair of fun or go simple with a solid leather tote and gold toned jewelry. The pop of color? These adorable purple wedges that add height and comfort into the mix.

Dylan Ebraheem is a senior at Montclair State University with a major in Fashion Studies and a minor in Communications. She is the current Social Media Director and a Executive Editor. She has had 8 internships and is a Keds + Intern Queen Ambassador. She dreams of traveling to London and Paris after graduating and is a huge Harry Potter fan. She has her own blog/website (www.sartorialspice.com) in hopes of growing her following and perfecting her writing.