This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

As a Latina, I despise the cold and my heart is wherever it’s over 80 degrees Fahrenheit. As a fashion lover, I won’t lie I can sacrifice a little chill to be able to wear my cute jacket collection. So now that we’re entering the colder months of the year, let me advise you on how you should dress up those cozy fits and link you with some cute affordable options!

Faux Fur Coats

A faux fur coat is the fashion essential every baddie needs. Perfect to dress up any fit and give it that extra oomph! 

Blazers

Blazer suits are the sh*t and what 90% of my wardrobe will consist of once I’m a successful independent boss babe. Seriously so cute with nothing under for the summer, then so cozy paired with a good turtleneck in the colder months of the year. 

Statement Socks

Socks can be a nice little touch for any outfit. With the right statement socks you can make your sneakers look even cuter and your outfit a bit more interesting! I love avocados so I would totally wear these with a neutral-colored outfit and sneakers.

Bucket Hats

Maybe it’s the 90s baby in me, but I love a good bucket hat. This winter I’m obsessed with fuzzy buckets and you should be too! Ditch a beanie and try something new.

Over the Knee Boots

Over the knee boots are such an essential for the cold weather. You can throw on anything and the boots will automatically elevate the outfit. Try a sweater dress for a cute and cozy look!

Cowboy Boots

For a girl who has yet to add a pair of these to my own closet, I’m currently loving cowgirl boots. They’re such a chic touch to any outfit and the perfect statement shoe. Your outfit doesn’t need much when you have a pair of these — try fringe bottomed pants and a turtleneck with these. If you want to go business casual, try cowgirl boots and a blazer!

Turtlenecks

My favorite winter essential. Not too bummy and just the perfect amount of coziness and warmth. Stock up on as many neutral colored turtlenecks as you can and you’ll have winter outfits for days. 

Leather Pants

Leather pants are such a good bottom to splurge on for the winter. They can seriously outshine any pair of jeans and automatically make you look more dressed up even in casual tops! 

There you have it, ladies! All of my favorite cold weather fashion essentials this year. With a few new items, you can make this winter a trendy one!

Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.