This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

This year’s Coach 1941 Spring 2020 fashion show was held at The High Line in New York City on September 10th. The show was hosted by TV personality and celebrity stylist, Brad Goreski where he spoke to various celebrities such as actor Miles Heizer from 13 Reasons Why, Euphoria’s Barbie Ferreira and Riverdale’s Casey Cott. Other celebrities such as Michael B. Jordan and Megan Thee Stallion attended the show and were spotted sporting the garments off of Coach’s new spring collection.

This collection is named “1941” after the year they were founded, which is why it focuses on their original vintage style. Coach is known as the “original house of leather” which explains why we see the heavy use of leather pieces in this collection.

Preppy Meets Edgy

The main theme of Coach’s spring 2020 collection is a cross between preppy and edgy with just a touch of business casual. It consisted of a lot of leather trench coats and skirts, trousers, graphics, collared blouses and, of course, their iconic vintage style leather handbags. Coach’s designer, Stuart Vevers, went for a laid back yet polished look by mixing and matching these pieces together, creating an underlying “cool factor”. 

In terms of color scheme, this collection is heavy on red, pink, green, brown and blue, all ranging in hues and shades. The first look we were introduced to was a bright red, shin-length trench coat, paired with a bright blue printed blouse, a brown shoulder bag and black strap sandals. The second look was similar in color scheme with a red muscle tee, chocolate brown leather pants and black sneakers.

It’s safe to say that this season’s Coach 1941 collection didn’t disappoint. It took us back in time to their vintage roots but modernized it with their use of color and texture. I’m absolutely obsessed with the entire collection, but most importantly, the handbags! Old trends have been coming back in style, but Coach decided to bring back their own styles, vamp it up and make it a modern-day trend. Can you say iconic??

Check out the rest of the collection here!

Alexa Rae is a Jersey girl with a passion for fashion. She is a Montclair State University alumna with a BA degree in Fashion Studies and minor in Fashion Merchandising. Alexa was a writer for HCM for 4 years, having concentrated on fashion and lifestyle related articles. Her future career goal is to have her own successful fashion brand.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.