This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Collegiettes, meet this week’s Campus Celebrity! Originally from Jersey City, NJ, Chelsea Warren is a sophomore student here at Montclair State. I sat down with Chelsea to find out more about her life as a college student both on and off campus, and she even gave us some of style tips and personal advice!

HCM: Chelsea, tell us why you chose to study here.

Chelsea: Coming into college, I originally wanted to work towards becoming an elementary school teacher. I knew that Montclair’s teaching program is one of the best in the state, so that definitely played a huge role in my decision to attend this university over the others.

HCM: Do you still want to teach elementary, or has your mind since then changed?

Chelsea: Oh, it’s changed. Ever since my baby niece came into the picture a year ago, I was like “whoa, children!”

HCM: Babies do change everything! What are you studying now and what do you hope to do with it in the future?

Chelsea: I declared a major in Business Marketing with a concentration in Retail Merchandising and Management. I’ve always been into fashion and I hope to have my own online clothing boutique, so it really is a good fit for me.

HCM: We’ll be sure to check your site out when it’s up and running! You are quite the fashionista. Who or what are some of your style icons and inspirations, and can you give us some of your Spring style must-have’s?

Chlesea: I’m a Tumblr addict. Self-proclaimed. There are so many fashion blogs on Tumblr. That, plus being in the City where you’re surrounded by so many well and uniquely-dressed individuals – it’s so easy to become inspired. As far as style icons, I love Solange Knowles. Vanessa Hudgens is one of my favorites, too.

HCM: Spring must-have’s?

Chelsea: I know the trends and I can spot them early! Last season was “all black everything.” This season, white is the new black. I’d also suggest keeping your closet stocked with lots of prints and lots of pastel colors. Cut outs are making an appearance, too, like cut out t-shirts. You can even make them yourself. I’ve made a few of my own.

HCM: So you enjoy DIY-projects. What else do you enjoy doing in your personal time?

Chelsea: Well, it’s sometimes hard to find personal time for yourself as a college student because we’re always so busy between schoolwork and jobs and being involved in organizations. But when I do have some time to unwind, I like going to live concerts, taking photography, blogging, “youtube-ing.”

HCM: All of which are great past-times. Any last words for our readers?

Chelsea: Just some advice for incoming or current students: when choosing a major, make sure you choose a major because you want to do it, not because your parents or anyone else want you to do it. At the end of the day, it’s your life and you’re the one who’s going to have to live with your decision – not them – so make yourself proud first.

HCM: Those are wise words. Thanks for being our Campus Celebrity this week. We wish you continued success in your future endeavors!

If you want to follow Chelsea on her Tumblr, go to i-n-s-p-i-r-e-m-e.tumblr.com

Imani is a full-time junior student attending Montclair State University where she majors in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing. She is happy to be the Assistant Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus Montclair chapter!