Charmed: The CW’s New Binge-Worthy Show

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Grab your popcorn and get your coven together because The CW’s “Charmed” is a must-watch this season! It premiered Oct. 14 and its strong message of sisterhood paired with supernatural twists is enough to get fans hooked right away.

The show revolves around three sisters — Melanie “Mel” Vera (Melonie Diaz), Maggie Vera (Sarah Jeffery) and Macy Vaughn (Madeleine Mantock) — who discover they have magical powers after the sudden passing of their mother. These three powerful personalities begin to find out that they are stronger together when they embrace each other’s different abilities and work as a team.

It’s so refreshing to see a show with women of color as the main characters; each one being very unique! Mel is a member of the LGTBQ+ community and a total feminist babe. Macy shows off how she is a total STEM queen determined to find a scientific explanation for all the unexplained. Maggie is a sweet freshman in college, who is trying to find her place socially, that we all just want to hug. Each girl is tied together by their strong family values, repeating the words their mother said the night of her unexpected death: stronger together.

The characters are super wholesome, but still totally hardcore. The sisters basically have no fear when fighting an evil demon moments after they discover that they are witches. They’re the new age coven that every girl has secretly wished they were a part of.

This fall get your girl gang together to tune into “Charmed” Sunday’s at 9/8c on The CW.

Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.